Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Who will be the next Superstar Stallion

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,513
    Horses
    Intransit

    Who will be the next Superstar Stallion

    Now that the great Bettor’s Delight and Art Major are getting on in years and the sad and tragic demise of Somebeachsomewhere, There might be an opportunity for a young stallion to throw down the gauntlet and challenge the elderly masters.

  2. #2
    Senior Member 4YO Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Now that the great Bettor’s Delight and Art Major are getting on in years and the sad and tragic demise of Somebeachsomewhere, There might be an opportunity for a young stallion to throw down the gauntlet and challenge the elderly masters.
    Firstly they need to have numbers, and the support of a very good band of mares...so that looks to be a stallion at one of the big stallion stations. It also helps if the yearlings in big numbers then go to a skilled trainer and they perform as 2yo's to keep the mares coming to the stallion.

    I'm thinking A RocknRoll Dance fits the criteria, and with pedigree and performance credentials to back it up.

    And....If I'm correct, Rasmussen Theory through the mare Wendymae Hanover
    Last edited by Adaptor; 03-05-2018 at 05:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,513
    Horses
    Intransit
    Thanks Noel, ARD is very well bred and off to a good start throwing a nice 2yr old feature winner at GP on Friday night, Its Rock and Roll from a Bettors Delight mare, Nice time as well, 1.56.6

  4. #4
    Senior Member 4YO Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Thanks Noel, ARD is very well bred and off to a good start throwing a nice 2yr old feature winner at GP on Friday night, Its Rock and Roll from a Bettors Delight mare, Nice time as well, 1.56.6
    Full book in the USA at Diamond Creek eligible the Pennsylvania sires stakes !
    From their website:
    A Rocknroll Dance dominated the track with his grit and toughness. At 2, he equaled the world record and was the richest 2-year old that year. He then won the Meadowlands Pace and the Battle of the Brandywine at 3, leading up to his 4 year-old year when A Rocknroll Dance became the first horse to win 3 consecutive starts in sub 1:48.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,513
    Horses
    Intransit
    A Rocknroll Dance also sired the 2yr old of the year in the USA in 2017 from an Artiscape mare, Lost in Time 1.50.1 and 608k, Dam from the Minnehaha clan
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,513
    Horses
    Intransit
    Roll with Joe going great guns in Nth America and showing lots of promise here
    In Nth America
    377 Registered foals
    197 Starters
    150 in 2.00
    89 in 1.55
    12.2 mill earnings
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Posts
    30
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About

    Red face The Blaster

    Richard,
    I think I should throw out the early stats around The Blaster, From only 69 foals on ground in his 1st year at Stud he has delivered 7 Starters (up to now) to get to the races for 3 winners. I know it is only early days but his stock have hit the ground running. All the 2 year old from his first crop so far really look the goods. To add further merit just look at the mares that have produced his winners to date and I think you would agree he is doing something very special that other stallions that the mares have been too have not been able to achieve. As I said early days but just look at the numbers and stats so far and we could not be prouder of what he is delivering. Talking to the trainers that have Blasters just franks what I am seeing in his stock. His next starter is at Bathurst this Wednesday night race 6 number 3 from memory in the fillies race. As we all know the Stallions that make the grade do so by leaving stats from very limited numbers and from the grass roots of owner Breeders that races his stock. Time and numbers will decide if what we feel he is doing hits the mark with all our Breeders. All the best and keep an eye on The Blasters
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Roll with Joe going great guns in Nth America and showing lots of promise here
    In Nth America
    377 Registered foals
    197 Starters
    150 in 2.00
    89 in 1.55
    12.2 mill earnings

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Location
    Hunter Valley NSW Australia
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Posts
    1,079
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nalder View Post
    Richard,
    I think I should throw out the early stats around The Blaster, From only 69 foals on ground in his 1st year at Stud he has delivered 7 Starters (up to now) to get to the races for 3 winners. I know it is only early days but his stock have hit the ground running. All the 2 year old from his first crop so far really look the goods. To add further merit just look at the mares that have produced his winners to date and I think you would agree he is doing something very special that other stallions that the mares have been too have not been able to achieve. As I said early days but just look at the numbers and stats so far and we could not be prouder of what he is delivering. Talking to the trainers that have Blasters just franks what I am seeing in his stock. His next starter is at Bathurst this Wednesday night race 6 number 3 from memory in the fillies race. As we all know the Stallions that make the grade do so by leaving stats from very limited numbers and from the grass roots of owner Breeders that races his stock. Time and numbers will decide if what we feel he is doing hits the mark with all our Breeders. All the best and keep an eye on The Blasters
    Great to see he has hit the ground running Rob, industry average for 2YO winners is about 5% and he is already thereabouts very early in the season, he has always looked like a horse that would make a stallion, lets hope things continue in that vein.


    cheers,

    dan

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,513
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hey Rob, That’s great to hear, I’ll be watching with a lot of interest

  10. #10
    Senior Member 4YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Location
    Melbourne
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Posts
    362
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Forever And A Day.
    The next superstar stallion will need to be able to cross well with Art Major, Bettors and SBSW mares. So ARD will do that and I will add Always B Miki as my tip as he will mix well with them .
    Good to see CB doing well, also good to see some locally bred stallions getting some mares.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts