+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How does Amanda Turnbull gain Representative honours

Hybrid View

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller

How does Amanda Turnbull gain Representative honours

Reading list of drivers for the Australian Female Driving Championships I have noticed Amanda Turnbull is representing NSW. With all the latest dramas surrounding her including a positive swab, surely there are more than 2 female drivers in NSW to choose from.
    It seems to be a case of who you know and decisions like this only further give Harness Racing followers another bad taste in there mouths. Surely, I'm not the only one that is bewildered by this selection of someone representing NSW.

aussiebreno
    Not the only one

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    +1 more. Anyone driving on a Suspension Stay should be ineligible

It defies belief that an organization like HRNSW which has Industry & Integrity as one of the tabs on their home page would not see this!

A decision like this reflects very badly on the CEO
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    On a similar issue why does HRV continue to use drivers/trainers in promotional material that have recently completed suspensions for prohibited substances. I know people deserve a second chance but I think you should have at least 5 years free of serious offenses before you are used in promotional material. I've noticed this a bit lately and it's not just one person.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    On a similar issue why does HRV continue to use drivers/trainers in promotional material that have recently completed suspensions for prohibited substances. I know people deserve a second chance but I think you should have at least 5 years free of serious offenses before you are used in promotional material. I've noticed this a bit lately and it's not just one person.
    Some sort of consistency would be well received, NSW "apparently" developed a new policy last year that meant anyone who has been disqualified was not eligible to participate in features. We had a couple of people who wanted to participate in our annual Indigenous Drivers Series rubbed out because of it. I say "Apparently" because I can't find it anywhere and here we have someone who, strictly speaking is not D/Q'd due to the appeal and stay, but is clearly having a few integrity questions raised in recent times and she is in........it's not a good look, bit like that 2YO race at Bathurst the other night, that wasn't a good look either....No wonder our "super nothing PM" Malcolm gets away with so much, the mystique of the name does strange things.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Reference: Harness Racing Act 2009
    HRNSW Board Meeting – 28 February 2017
    AUSTRALIAN DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP REPRESENTATIVES
    1. BACKGROUND
    1.1 This policy was introduced as there was no formal policy concerning the selection of the NSW
    representatives at the Australian Drivers Championship.
    1.2 The Australian Drivers Championship is conducted annually and each State is represented by
    two drivers.
    1.3 In terms of NSW driver selection the precedent in recent years has been that the driver who
    won the NSW Drivers Premiership was selected as the first representative. The second
    representative was the driver of the opposite gender that finished highest on the NSW Drivers
    Premiership.
    2. SELECTION CRITERIA
    2.1 The driver that won the NSW Drivers Premiership in the previous season will be selected as
    the first representative.
    2.2 The driver of the opposite gender who finished highest on the NSW Drivers Premiership in the
    previous season will be selected as the second representative.
    2.3 Any driver selected is subject to an assessment of their record as a participant by both the
    HRNSW Board and the Stewards Panel.
    2.4 Should the HRNSW Board decide that any driver selected fails in an assessment of their
    record, they shall be replaced.
    2.5 Should any driver selected be associated with an activity deemed to bring the sport into
    disrepute or found guilty of an offence prior to the commencement of the Australian Drivers
    Championship Series, they shall be replaced.
    2.6 Any driver that has been found guilty of an offence resulting in a disqualification will be
    ineligible to compete in any Drivers Invitation Series for a period of five (5) years from the time
    of the re-allocation of their drivers licence.

2.7 All assessments and decisions made by the HRNSW Board under Clauses 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5
    shall be final.

Strictly speaking , I think she would be ineligible until the appeal is finalised as she has been found guilty, 2.7 gives administrators enough wriggle room to do whatever they want whenever they want with regards to clauses 2.3,2.4 and 2.5, but makes no mention of the pertinent clause 2.6.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Danny Hill wins the Ladies series and that’s great to see

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been told that Amanda's appeal was successful in having suspension reduced to time already served
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have been told that Amanda's appeal was successful in having suspension reduced to time already served
    Period of disqualification reduced to 16 days, the equivalent of time already served, probably some sort of world record for presenting a horse not clean, which she plead guilty to.

http://nationaltrotguide.com.au/disq...ced-on-appeal/

cheers,

Dan

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Period of disqualification reduced to 16 days, the equivalent of time already served, probably some sort of world record for presenting a horse not clean, which she plead guilty to.

http://nationaltrotguide.com.au/disq...ced-on-appeal/

cheers,

Dan
    Has there been arsenic cases where they are DQ from the race but trainer doesnt get penalty?
    In any case they may as well give her 0 days and let her sue for 16 days lost income

+ Reply to Thread