Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sushi Sushi

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses

Sushi Sushi

The best 3yo for decades but will Sushi go on as a 4 or 5 yo ? i have serious doubts sushi will be as dominating or even close to as age gets higher. this could be a classic case of a champion age horse not going on.

triplev123
    ...and should that actually ever come to pass, the problem with it is ????
    He has a picket fence now extending to 13 & overall 28 starts for 20, 2 & 5 & over $880,000 banked.
    If there is any shame as far as Sushi Sushi is concerned it is not and will never be that he goes on at 4yrs+ or he doesn't...but rather that he is a gelding.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    The best 3yo for decades but will Sushi go on as a 4 or 5 yo ? i have serious doubts sushi will be as dominating or even close to as age gets higher. this could be a classic case of a champion age horse not going on.
    Can you elaborate. Why is it that you have doubts about him being a great 4YO and older ?

triplev123
    Hey Eliteblood...maybe he's just dark on ET's? (another old wive's tale very nicely killed off there btw)

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    no i think 'theringman' is spot on with this myth

apart from courage under fire, elsu, monkey king, blackie, slipnslide, christian cullen, divisive....

see not a good horse to be found who's been a good horse at 3 and then as an older

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    ok all you have a good laugh lets wait and see if im wrong before the smart remarks come(lol) my reason being is unless sushi grows smartly the bigger horses will grind it into the ground .

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Ringman, think of this...
    As early 2YO's Royal verdict was beating Sushi, now RV can't get near him.
    So who has matured later? Bigger, better? Getting faster? Getting stronger?
    Makes sense this horse will be an outstanding 4YO, no doubt about it.
    And as for "unless he grows"!!!! Seriously r u saying a small horse can't win good races?

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    on your sound advice ive gone and put a clydsdale stallion in with the mares..they wont be any good until they're 5 but they will crush horses like sushi into the ground after that lol!

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    No doubt he won't be as dominant in Open company as he currently is now, (unless he's the second coming of Poppy) but you'd think if they kept him to 4 Yr Old Racing next season another string of features awaits. Perhaps another trip over to NZ for the Messenger etc.

For those who know more about horses than I do, (which will be most on here) is there any similarity in stature and confirmation between Sushi Sushi and Captain Joy? Could this be the reason behind any doubts about him as an older horse?

Cheers

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I expect Sushi to be a star 4YO and a star 5YO and that he will be a very big chance in any race he goes in. He has a secret weapon, ample stamina combined with very high speed. When he reaches grand circuit I expect he will be driven differently. He has the speed to get a position at the start, will enjoy following speed and will be the horse with the big long sprint at the finish.
    Sushi is not a one dimensional horse. He doesn't have to lead. In fact, I think he will be even more awesome driven cold.
    How can the opposition grind him into the ground if he elects to take a sit ?
    He doesn't have to grow - all he has to do is be as good as he is right now - and there will be no stopping the sushi train.

+ Reply to Thread