Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sushi Sushi

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    If he is finished the owner has no one to blame but himself.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    What is wrong with this year's crop of 3YO's. Excel Stride is a very good horse, he would be hailed a great horse in almost any other year. He has just been unlucky to run into Sushi and to always fair worst in barrier draws.
    He has put up some mighty runs to chase Sushi home but the 2.5m margin you mentioned could easily have been 12.5m had Greg Sugars moved a muscle.
    Excel Stride will find it much harder than Sushi IMO to compete in open company because he lacks gate speed. He will always be doing it the hard way, putting up great runs, but getting beaten.

Suggesting that Sushi will not measure up because Captain Joy hasn't is ridiculous. There could be any number of reasons why Captain Joy has not performed as well as an aged horse but despite that he is not in the same class. Sushi won the Vic Derby in 1:55.7 as he liked (Captain Joy won in 1:58.9). Sushi won the Breeders Challenge in 1:54.1 untouched, (BAF's track record is 1:53.8 - Captain Joy won in 1:55.5). Sushi won the Breeders Crown unextended in 1:54.4 (track record is 1:54.2 - Captain Joy won in 1:57.6). Sushi won the Great Northern Derby in 1:57.4 for 2700m (NZ 3YO record, 3rd fastest time ever by any age group, CUF won in 1:59.7, Elsu in 1:59.6, Changeover in 1:59.6, Monkey King in 2:.02)
    Leading into the GN Derby, Sushi worked out with Imthemightyquinn. ITMQ led and Sushi ran him to a head. I cannot wait to see what he does when sucked along and let out at the top of the straight.

Yet, for some reason, you are telling us that Sushi's crop of 3YO's are not that great and he is unlikley to measure up as a grand circuit. What are you guys on !!!!
    The amount of times bolded quote was said about Smoken Up is amazing!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    If he is finished the owner has no one to blame but himself.
    [VVV] Jogged my memory. Don't know the bloke & completely off topic but I once met a fella by the name of Graham McLachan who went to school with old mate at St. Augustines & had in fact pulled him out of the river at Peets Bridge back in 1962 & saved him from drowing. Small world huh?

nat
    A lot of water has to go under the bridge till he is a FFA horse as a 4yld in 4yld class he will still dominate as very few horses at the moment will hold him out and make him work and he will get easy runs with quick last half's. The measure will be when he is in open company and has to do some work and win thats what he will be measured on. Changeover is one that comes to mind that has raced good right through his age group to open company

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    I am a little surprised that a stallion career has not been mentioned yet for Sushi Sushi. An extremely good pedigree with brilliant ractrack performace.

I would certainly consider sending a mare or two to him, pending a sensible service fee. Like VVV would love to see him burn up Menangle.

I believe that courages best performance was his Australian Derby win in 1.56.5 for the 2540 at Moonee Valley. What time would that equate to at Melton ?

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    I am a little surprised that a stallion career has not been mentioned yet for Sushi Sushi. An extremely good pedigree with brilliant ractrack performace.

I would certainly consider sending a mare or two to him, pending a sensible service fee. Like VVV would love to see him burn up Menangle.

I believe that courages best performance was his Australian Derby win in 1.56.5 for the 2540 at Moonee Valley. What time would that equate to at Melton ?
    There are two things stopping him from making it as a stallion LOC.
    The dogs ate both of them

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Most unfortunate ! I had always thought that he was a colt. Such a fantastic pedigree it never occurred to me that he would be gelded !

I guess that would be very disappointing as the mare deserves to have a stallion son.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    better get in mightymo's ear then about getting cloning or IVF or something going on at HRA breeders LOC

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    better get in mightymo's ear then about getting cloning or IVF or something going on at HRA breeders LOC
    A pity it cannot be done. I would add Blacks A Fake to this list.

Was Sushi Sushi gelded due to his attitude as a colt ?

What % of colts are gelded & why ?

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Yes, he was a difficult young colt

+ Reply to Thread