Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ready To Run Sale

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith

Ready To Run Sale

Hello Hello,

A little advice would be appreciated. I have 3 yearling colts that were being prepared for the Bathurst Ready To Run sale on 15th October. I left my run too late and they have only been broken and educated for the last 6 - 8 weeks.

All three are in Brisbane and are going along very nicely with no problems. The breaker Robert has spoken with Luke McCarthy and Luke thinks that these 3 colts are well behind others being readied for the sale and this will probably impact on the sale price. I have until the end of this month to nominate for the sale, and would appreciate some feedback regarding nominating or not.

If I decide not to I may consider if anyone is interested in leasing all three.

Regards,

Sue

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    what sort of times did they work down to?

im thinking that yes it probably is too late, you could still take them and not sell them if you dont get what your after, possibly do a deal with someone there..but thats going to cost and you might be just as good doing a deal without taking them

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Thesushitrain,

Thanks for the reply, they have not been asked to run any serious time yet. I notice with the NZ Ready To Run Sale not all horses seem to put a fast time on the board. Some seem to just roll along.

Regards,

Sue

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    Hello Hello,

A little advice would be appreciated. I have 3 yearling colts that were being prepared for the Bathurst Ready To Run sale on 15th October. I left my run too late and they have only been broken and educated for the last 6 - 8 weeks.

All three are in Brisbane and are going along very nicely with no problems. The breaker Robert has spoken with Luke McCarthy and Luke thinks that these 3 colts are well behind others being readied for the sale and this will probably impact on the sale price. I have until the end of this month to nominate for the sale, and would appreciate some feedback regarding nominating or not.

If I decide not to I may consider if anyone is interested in leasing all three.

Regards,

Sue
    I would think you would want them to have had at least 2 preps. in NZ most in the RTR are on their 3rd prep i think

i dont think you will get their true value if you put them in. I wouldnt go down that path

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Cheers Mightymo,

Thanks for the advice ! Do you know of many rising two year olds entered for this sale ?

Regards,

Sue

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I heard the other day they might be running one at Menangle in December.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i dont. i have 2 in the NZ sale.

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I heard the other day they might be running one at Menangle in December.
    Hello Mango,

Jeez Mango you just got my hopes up !

The extra time would work in a treat and would be very beneficial. If this is true and you can provide a few details before the end of this month I would be very happy to supply you with a bottle of your chosen poison.

Regards,

Sue

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Mango,

Spot on Thank You !

Contacted Dale Walker from HRNSW who was kind enough to email me the flyer !

Tabcorp Park Menangle Sunday 4th December.

Looks pretty interesting, hope I can get them in.

Regards,

Sue

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Sue

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier i was just trying to confirm before letting you know anymore as i didn't want to give you a bum steer and get your hope's up. That's good new's and give's you a little more time.

+ Reply to Thread