Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watch the 7:30 Report tonight on the ABC

Junior Member Foal The Money Tree will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    One is rumored to have hired the best, and I mean the very best, to defend him

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Would this be the driver who took his mouth piece in with him last wk.

The interview with Daryl New. He is an extremely popular and well respected member of the Menangle harness racing fraternity. He would never cast aspersions towards other stables in the area through jealousy or the like, instead he is an outstanding member of a close knit, passionate harness racing community.

He said on national television that his horses have been swabbed every time they have won recently.

I quote: 'I have Memphis Bay, 10 wins here.....for 10 swabs'.

He also said quote: 'Jock Wallace 4 wins for 4 swabs'.

Being bored with nothing else to do but wonder why I love the sport as I do, I decided to check the validity of Mr New's claims.

I checked out the official results and in the far right hand column it is called 'Stewards Comments'. Here the Stewards - if doing their job diligently - will put down PRBT to suggest a pre race blood test and SWAB to represent a swab taken from a horse. I can't remember seeing a scenario where they haven't put these abbreviations in and there actually has been a swab.

So taking that into account, I am interested to see that Memphis Bay wasn't swabbed according to the official results on both the 1st of September and 14th of December 2009 when the horse was successful. There is a significant difference from the claims made on TV.

Not to worry, maybe just a glitch. But then the claim was made Jock Wallace 4 wins, 4 swabs.

Um, care to check the results for this horse when it won on the 30th November 2010? And again on the 21st December?

Come on Mr New. Your integrity is paramount, especially when speaking about that very issue on National Television. Dear old Doris and Mable, Arthur and William would have been watching going 'poor bloke' for being subject to swabs every time while others run rampant.

Problem is the FACTS were wrong.

Mr New - you disappoint me and no doubt you disappoint many others in the close knit harness racing community of Menangle where everyone lives in harmony and revels in each others success.

I mean everyone hates it when people serve up BS.

And by that I mean BullS**t, not something else.
    Last edited by The Big Mile; 08-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    VVV I've got another half hour until I have to endure the nightly go to bed routine. Did I say routine..I meant fight!
    I've probably been harsh on Nati in the past, mainly because he had no qualifications of a typical CEO. But good on him for going on the programme, and wiping this stuff out. Has been a massive positive for the industry in NSW I believe.
    VVV; can you do a photo up with Uncle Sam but have Natis face photoshopped in!
    [VVV] G'day Breno. Just watched it. All cards on the table, I've known Sam for a quite a long time & I'm proud to call him my friend. We don't agree on a lot of things...I HATE the current idiotic interpretations of the Change Of Tactics Rule we get here in NSW and he knows it too, mainly because I never let up on it...but overall I'll stand stuffed, burned & scattered to the wind if he has not been good for the Industry here in NSW & right now, at the risk of a fairly well worn but nonetheless accurate & appropriate cliche...Cometh the hour, cometh the Man.
    Make no mistake, what we saw there was not discomfort in response to the questioning, that was genuine anger. I've rarely if ever seen it with him, in fact I can't remember the last time that I did & I've seen people stand right in front of him & absolutely give it to him in spades about one thing or another. He is extremely smart too, sharp as a tack, but his default position is virtually always conciliatory and I've found that he likes to believe the best of people even though many don't deserve such an approach. That being said, anyone who may be doubting both his & HRNSW's intentions to clean house is seriously underestimating their resolve. They'll pursue this wherever it leads and they'll run it all to ground. Those who are ultimately found to have been amongst the wrongdoers will, I strongly suspect, regret it for the rest of their days.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    There is a pretty distasteful tone to your post Big Mile. Strange that you should focus on someone brave enough to express his view in opposition to the real traitors to the sport...makes me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    There is a pretty distasteful tone to your post Big Mile. Strange that you should focus on someone brave enough to express his view in opposition to the real traitors to the sport...makes me wonder.
    Termite: please do trawl through the official results and HRA database and see if I am correct or not. Distatesful tone? The whole bloody episode is distasteful.

As for the other stuff well what can you say until something actually happens? By the sounds of this it is going to overturn the entire industry and stomp on it many times. Lets hope the sport can pick itself up and move on. I wonder how many people will simply add harness racing to the barred forever list?

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I take your point TBM and I don't doubt the fruits of your research. I just think the comments of the fella New, probably represent the feelings of many in the sport and don't betray the industry, even if the exact details were embelished for the camera. The biggest issue here is the depth of the alleged corruption. I agree it is terrible PR for the industry, especially in light of the positive direction HRNSW are otherwise headed in. It is particularly sad to note that the sport has just farewelled one of its greatest ever I and can't recall national coverage on the ABC to celebrate any of the achievements of BAF in his history making career. But give us corruption and cheating and the national broadcaster is down in the stables. A sad, but inevitable tale.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    I take your point TBM and I don't doubt the fruits of your research. I just think the comments of the fella New, probably represent the feelings of many in the sport and don't betray the industry, even if the exact details were embelished for the camera. The biggest issue here is the depth of the alleged corruption. I agree it is terrible PR for the industry, especially in light of the positive direction HRNSW are otherwise headed in. It is particularly sad to note that the sport has just farewelled one of its greatest ever I and can't recall national coverage on the ABC to celebrate any of the achievements of BAF in his history making career. But give us corruption and cheating and the national broadcaster is down in the stables. A sad, but inevitable tale.
    Sorry to spoil your party termite (well maybe not; I could be wrong) but I seem to have memories of the ABC doing something for the Interdom one year recently!

triplev123
    Hey Termite, if you're in fact who I suspect you are then I was wondering...to the best of your knowledge, are any of the drivers you've used in recent times involved in this mess?
    Call me old fashioned but obviously I'm looking at it from the Biblical angle of 'Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone'. If you're not that person then quite obviously you have not, & so please accept my apologies in advance.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Money Tree View Post
    One is rumored to have hired the best, and I mean the very best, to defend him

?

+ Reply to Thread