+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harness V thoroughbred money wise as a racing proposition

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses

Thumbs up Harness V thoroughbred money wise as a racing proposition

I have no doubt as a investment overall harness racing beats thoroughbreds hands down when it comes to the returns on lets say the 200 highest priced yearlings compared to what they earn in prizemoney and costs involved during their racing days.

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    It is much easier to get a decent pacer which is good though the training fees compared to country prizemoney is the issue.

Prizemoney: $5,000 - 1st $3,375, 2nd $750, 3rd $500, 4th $250, 5th $125

Monthly training fees for good A grade trainer $1500

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    That seems a rather inflated and unnecessary figure for a reliable dedicated trainer. If you have confidence in a trainer that may not be classed now as a so-called "good A grade trainer" , whatever that may mean , then I suggest that you look elsewhere.

Speaking from personal experience over many years, there are a LOT of emerging trainers around who can do the same job and cost so many less $$$ . Sure a lot of expense is involved in training but once you build a close rapport you will be surprised at the saving that you can make and even better be more than pleased with your overall return.

Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    I'm sure that there is cheaper trainers out there though I've had 3 trainers, the cheapest $38 a day + GST

Then add shoeing $50, chiro $70 and travel $100+

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Correct , that's my experience too.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    cheap shoeing

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    The average/median/total cost of the 200 highest priced standardbred yearlings this year would be nothing to get excited about, lucky the costs are lower.

I believe you will in most cases get what you pay for in regards to training fee's and the agistment costs of your horses.
    Only speaking from my experience, but cutting costs for as little as $10 or what ever amount a day in the long run will cost you
    more.
    Last edited by justdoit; 08-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Oops my mistake just checked last invoice shoeing was $80 not $50 as mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread