Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: alberto purdon

triplev123
    In all fairness, surely that applies across the board to horses purchased from virtually all big stable/top end successful trainers.

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    You can not be serious about horses sold out of Mark Purdons stable not performing. Off the top of my head in the last 12 months are horses such as Highview Ebony, Glengowan,Mereidith Maguire, Ohokas Bondy to name just a few. The one thing you can not control when you sell horses to Australia is the calibre of the trainer to whom they are going. Some are great, some not so great and results vary accordingly.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Just because View Post
    I can't believe that people buy horses from M Purdon. For every 10 he moves on about 1 does o.k and that is normally not for an extended period of time.
    It's hard to improve horses off a very good, professional, trainer - rather than for example someone who does it as a hobby.

Junior Member Weanling Just because will become famous soon enough Just because's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I shouldn't have put this on this thread. I am not insinuating that every horse from the barn is full to the eyeballs. But I have watched horses come to Australia for about 20-25 yrs from Mark Purdon or the Purdons and they rarely repay their purchase price. I understand that they are probably going to lesser trainers. But most trainers are kidding themselves if they think they will get a nugget to train in Australia from M Purdon.

Would be interested if someone could give me some horses imported (sold) to Australia from Mark Purdon over the past 20-25 years that have paid their way(purchase and training).

Junior Member Weanling Just because will become famous soon enough Just because's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    * Exported

Junior Member Weanling trigger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lance justice
    dominus vobiscom

triplev123
    ..and also with you, Trigger.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i think lance is in the best position to let us know about high priced horses that were no good!

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The number of good horses who have more than paid their way would probably start with Another Party($ 888,000) or maybe Tricky Vic ($530,000) or maybe last seasons 3yr old Ohokas Bondy($275,000) to date and rising. Maybe some of the ones sold to America such as Hez Da Man-- Tactical Rein--Classic Cullen--Inner Success--Seelstar Belle--Jays Debut--Mighty Cullen who have all won in excess of $250,000 would fit the bill. Mark Purdons record of selling horses which pay their way for their new owners is outstanding. The facts dont lie

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i didn't realise purdon has only sold 10 horses southern man? there would another 150 nobody has every heard of

+ Reply to Thread