Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NSW prize money?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    maybe the americans are just better at bicarbing them.

times are tough in sydney, 3k races on monday
    Lololololol

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Be that as it may Zipper, it is still 3/4's of a million that we could use for other much more constructive purposes.
    If they want to spend an extra 750 gorillas then flick it this way & let me take care of it. I'll get the job done for a heap less, much more effectively, and whatever's left over I'll put towards my retirement fund. I'll end up line balling with the weight of cash in Colonial Mutual's Super Funds before you know it.
    I'm not disputing that it is money that may be better spent. I'm just saying that the article is typical propaganda to draw more attention to a particular issue.

Although given the current state of affairs a greater investment was going to be required regardless. As you say lets just hope what investment that is made delivers the greatest return!
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

aussiebreno
    Be that as it may Zipper, it is still 3/4's of a million that we could use for other much more constructive purposes.
    If they want to spend an extra 750 gorillas then flick it this way & let me take care of it. I'll get the job done for a heap less, much more effectively, and whatever's left over I'll put towards my retirement fund. I'll end up line balling with the weight of cash in Colonial Mutual's Super Funds before you know it.
    How about some kind of breeding scheme? Mares who win races get that 3/4 of a million to use at stud later on in their career. Haha.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    I'm not disputing that it is money that may be better spent. I'm just saying that the article is typical propaganda to draw more attention to a particular issue.

Although given the current state of affairs a greater investment was going to be required regardless. As you say lets just hope what investment that is made delivers the greatest return!
    [VVV] Yeh, that's fair comment too. It's just that when I see ridiculous things like this being proposed I jump all over them for all I'm worth because they have a terrible habit of growing wings and flying. In this field, more money does not neccessarily = greater effectiveness. What equals greater effectiveness is better/tighter/honest process and the development of a smarter/more targetted/better aimed/better timed testing regime. That does not need 3/4's of a million to achieve. Money will need to be spent but not anywhere near that.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    How about some kind of breeding scheme? Mares who win races get that 3/4 of a million to use at stud later on in their career. Haha.
    [VVV] Sarcasm is not constructive Breno.

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    [VVV] Yeh, that's fair comment too. It's just that when I see ridiculous things like this being proposed I jump all over them for all I'm worth because they have a terrible habit of growing wings and flying. In this field, more money does not neccessarily = greater effectiveness. What equals greater effectiveness is better/tighter/honest process and the development of a smarter/more targetted/better aimed/better timed testing regime. That does not need 3/4's of a million to achieve. Money will need to be spent but not anywhere near that.
    I think we are in violent agreement, you just know more than me about what it might cost to put such systems in place.
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

+ Reply to Thread