Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NSW prize money?

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

triplev123
    If he has been quoted correctly then, with all due respect to Paul, he is wrong.
    POST RACE TC02 TESTING is the best way to discover who is using buffers and who isn't.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    My comment is in no way pre-judging any matter that HRNSW may be currently dealing with.

If the newspaper article is to believed , it is a sad irony indeed. Those cheating took the prizemoney away from honest owners and trainers with their dishonesty. Now because of their actions , even if they may be forced out of the industry in one way or another , they will have the flow on effect of probably reducing prizemoney , and therefore yet again taking it from the pockets of honest harness participators.

This all makes me VERY angry.
    Last edited by David Summers; 08-25-2011 at 05:17 PM.

triplev123

Shut the gate! The horse has bolted!

I can understand their need to be seen to be doing something however I think the whole premise is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY IDIOTIC.
    I say this because it wasn't the Testing Regime that was at fault, although as I've said Post Race TC02's are infinitely better, but rather it was the apparent physical, systematic SUBVERSION of the Testing process that was the problem.
    This idea of reducing prizemoney levels in order to ramp up the testing is nothing more than a knee jerk after the horse has bolted reaction and all it will serve to do is put $$$$ into the pockets of the various Pathology Companies that do the work.
    Surely it would make far more scientific, logistic and financial sense to simply smarten up the way in which the testing is carried out as opposed to a blanket throw a heap of money at the problem and hope that it solves it approach.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-25-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Put operative words for this piece in bold.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Right on , triple.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I can understand their need to be seen to be doing something however I think the whole premise is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY IDIOTIC.
    I say this because it wasn't the Testing Regime that was at fault, although as I've said Post Race TC02's are infinitely better, but rather it was the apparent physical, systematic SUBVERSION of the Testing process that was the problem.
    This idea of reducing prizemoney levels in order to ramp up the testing is nothing more than a knee jerk after the horse has bolted reaction and all it will serve to do is put $$$$ into the pockets of the various Pathology Companies that do the work.
    Surely it would make far more scientific, logistic and financial sense to simply smarten up the way in which the testing is carried out as opposed to a blanket throw a heap of money at the problem and hope that it solves it approach.
    I agree. Random post race TC02s would be more effective and a lot more cheaper than what is being proposed. Have you mentioned this to Sam, VVV?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I agree. Random post race TC02s would be more effective and a lot more cheaper than what is being proposed. Have you mentioned this to Sam, VVV?
    What price the integrity of the sport? Spend a lot of money on this fact because with whats gone on recently, there will be no sport left. With bigger prizemoney on offer soon, maybe the incentive to fill up a horse will increase?

I'd like to see the ocassional meeting where EVERY horse is swabbed. Every one.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Mile View Post
    What price the integrity of the sport? Spend a lot of money on this fact because with whats gone on recently, there will be no sport left. With bigger prizemoney on offer soon, maybe the incentive to fill up a horse will increase?

I'd like to see the ocassional meeting where EVERY horse is swabbed. Every one.
    Do you even know why people such as myself and VVV are for post race TC02 testing? Do you know the benefits of post race TC02 testing? It is a more effective way of testing. More effective means less expense. There is no need to test every horse in every race because knowing that testing will ALWAYS happen and just not knowing when you WILL be tested is just as good a deterrent and costs a fraction of the price. There will be more integrity in the industry if there IS post race TC02 testing. Like I have said 1000 times, you never hear of a TC02 positive in North America because they post race TC02. After a race, a horse's TC02 level dramatically drops before it begins to rise again - which is why a 1.5 hour or 2 hour post race TC02 will pick this up. If given close enough to the race, a horse will be under the threshold and there will be no TC02 positive in the pre race TC02. Which means that pre-race TC02 is effective against people who need to travel, but not as much so for those closer to the tracks. Why do you think Menangle has implemented a 2 hour arrival time? To try and stop close-race bicarbers in an attempt for their pre-race TC02 levels to be above the threshold. Which is why post race TC02 testing is more effective - it nabs the close-to-race bicarbers too.
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 08-25-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    maybe the americans are just better at bicarbing them.

times are tough in sydney, 3k races on monday

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    maybe the americans are just better at bicarbing them.
    No. The post race TC02 nipped it in the bud, because it gives the levels a chance to rise again. What I'm saying isn't new, it is well documented within the scientific community. In fact when I was over there, most of them were too scared to give them the daily 1 tablespoon (for tying up purposes) the night before the race in their feed - some people wouldn't even feed it at all, let alone drench it. What amazes me is when the different states do do post race TC02 blitzes, it gets people every time. If it is so effective... why not keep up with the practice??

+ Reply to Thread