Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazarus to the USA

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Lazarus 2nd beaten about 2mts in 1.46.2 came from 6th on the turn racing 1 off for the mile big run.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 10-07-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Impressive
    The story and replay link

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...us-at-Red-Mile
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Take nothing away from McWicked but confirmation of the importance of post position and the trip. Well done McWicked and a great effort from Lazarus.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Jimmy Takter
    @JimmyTakter
    I am extremely proud of Lazarus performance outside two turns and make up half a length on Mc wicked in the stretch amazing horse
    3:57 AM · Oct 7, 2018

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Have to admit Lazarus has gone better than I ever expected, that run changed my mind. Makes me wonder how fast some of our good mile horses could run at that track. They would smash the 1.46 record , we have had some go 1 to 2 seconds faster than Lazarus ever did here.
    US buyers will be taking a good look at our horses now ! At a time that we really need our best horses to stay here.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes Dot Mcwicked is a very good horse had the better run result changes if positions swapped i think it wasn't a good drive by Gingras but Lazarus showed his heart by taking ground off Mcwicked over the concluding stages.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Agreed Greg, reverse the draw and runs and Laz wins, but that is racing, and racing luck. Mcwicked is in the record books as the winner but Lazarus loses nothing in running second.

Adam Hamilton
    @AdamTABSports
    From @JimmyTakter live on @SkyRacingAU - “I could not be prouder. He didn’t get the trip we hoped. He covered at least 4len extra being out deep and that equates to a 1.45.6sec Mile.” Great get @GregHayes78

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Have to admit Lazarus has gone better than I ever expected, that run changed my mind. Makes me wonder how fast some of our good mile horses could run at that track. They would smash the 1.46 record , we have had some go 1 to 2 seconds faster than Lazarus ever did here.
    US buyers will be taking a good look at our horses now ! At a time that we really need our best horses to stay here.
    I probably thought the same Rick but in the past his campaigns weren't specifically targeting mile racing while now they are - it makes me wonder how many Southern Hem horses really would be better.

There is however no questioning that he was the yardstick when it came to distance races
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-08-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Typo
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Not saying we don't have any others that couldn't go similar to Laz (and be successful in the U.S. in open class) but to suggest that they could smash 1:46 because they were 1 or 2 seconds faster then Lazarus here Rick is a big call. Lazarus's last two seasons here started with a NZ Cup campaign over two miles and targeted races longer then a mile after that, mile racing was pretty much an afterthought for his campaigns, and he simply wasn't at his best for those races. Now he is being trained for a mile, and despite a hiccup with illness and a resulting quiet run the qualities that made him a champion here over longer distances are shinning through.

Watching that replay again I don't think we, or they, have another horse that could run that mile like Laz did.
    Last edited by Dot; 10-08-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Agree, Dot. MM was always the glass of Port after an 8-course degustation menu for Laz. Never going to be the main course.

Just loved the way he was still powering home on the line yesterday. The real Lazarus.

+ Reply to Thread