Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazarus to the USA

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Arrived at Jimmy Takter’s on the 31st

Member Gelding Grinder will become famous soon enough Grinder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Safe and sound, I believe. Let's hope he can settle in quickly and resume training pretty soon.
    The quarantine period for imports into the US must be pretty short....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Won a qualifier at the Meadowlands in 1:48.3

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Oh nice, 25.3 last quarter is flying
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-29-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I can see why Trump gets upset about Fake News, they are still calling Lazarus the richest of all time from the southern hemisphere. A quick Google of official Australian sites would tell them he is 3rd at present. They just report hearsay as fact without proper research.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I can see why Trump gets upset about Fake News, they are still calling Lazarus the richest of all time from the southern hemisphere. A quick Google of official Australian sites would tell them he is 3rd at present. They just report hearsay as fact without proper research.
    Yep, they just keep on writing it and saying it. I have Tweeted several times (as have some other Aussie and Kiwi Tweeters) correcting them and sending a link to the official list showing BAF and ITMQ way ahead of Lazarus in stake money earnings. I even tweeted "Fake News!", but it all seems to fall on deaf ears because nothing has changed (sigh). I even find myself having a smidge of sympathy for President Trump! I think both he USTA and the Canadian equivalent should publish something on heir websites correcting this repeated untruth. What next? Maybe Foiled Again hasn't won his 100th race after all.....or Greyhound was actually a dog....or Adios Butler wore a tuxedo....or Bret Hanover was a mare.... Niatross was a donkey and Somebeachsomewhere only had three legs. You get my drift.
    I see you have commented on the Harnesslink article. Good on you.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Forgot to say, Lazarus did look fantastic in the qualifier win. If Takter and Gingras are to be believed (and I think they at least, can be) then Laz is well on track to improve and give the big stakes races an almighty shake and possibly threaten the world mile record of 1:46, currently held by Australian legend and the fastest horse ever, Smoken Up*.

*Only kidding, just thought that perpetrating a mistruth was a current trend. Always B Miki is the world record holder for one mile.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Perhaps we shouldn't be throwing too many stones as there are Australians, including the chairman of HRA, claiming 100% Australian bred for Aldebaran Parks 2yo trotting colt that won a qualifier on the same card as Lazarus.

Australian born absolutely, but the product of frozen semen imported from the U.S. and a mare herself imported from the U.S. Aldebaranwalkabout and his owner Duncan McPherson have my 100% support for their endeavours in the U.S. but leave me out of the 100% Australian bred claims

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Perhaps we shouldn't be throwing too many stones as there are Australians, including the chairman of HRA, claiming 100% Australian bred for Aldebaran Parks 2yo trotting colt that won a qualifier on the same card as Lazarus.

Australian born absolutely, but the product of frozen semen imported from the U.S. and a mare herself imported from the U.S. Aldebaranwalkabout and his owner Duncan McPherson have my 100% support for their endeavours in the U.S. but leave me out of the 100% Australian bred claims
    You are right, Dot. I therefore also cast my stones towards my fellow countrymen who choose to interpret what "Australian bred" means. No doubt they could argue the point by saying where Alderbaranwalkabout was born is enough to claim him as Australian bred.
    I am not saying there is any deliberate intent to deceive on the part of the various North American commentators and scribes who state the untruth (I don't even label it a lie) about Lazarus, just that they are wrong in restating what they have been told (and clearly believe it is the truth), and that they should retract their previous incorrect information and replace it with fact.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Forgot to say, Lazarus did look fantastic in the qualifier win. If Takter and Gingras are to be believed (and I think they at least, can be) then Laz is well on track to improve and give the big stakes races an almighty shake and possibly threaten the world mile record of 1:46, currently held by Australian legend and the fastest horse ever, Smoken Up*.

*Only kidding, just thought that perpetrating a mistruth was a current trend. Always B Miki is the world record holder for one mile.
    I thought it is time that Smoken got recognition for this - see new thread
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread