I'm sure winningest barriers Kev are a rough guide at best. A better guide would relate to field position, front end speed holds up better these days then ever before and I've no doubt that horses positioned in the front half of the field take the lions share of the spoils the majority of the time.

Whilst the trend for short priced favourites in your sample appears promising Kev, I've little doubt it will be accompanied by an equally unfavourable trend of reduction in field size. Trainers as a rule want to place their horse where they have the best opportunity to win. A program of solely PBD races on dollars in however many last starts allows trainers to calculate their likely starting position before the fields are finalised and withdraw if they feel their chances will be negatively impacted by their likely position in the draw.

Winning a race under these conditions also sees connections likely doubly penalised in their next start, going up a grade for winning, and almost certainly being drawn badly as well.