Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds-on favourites stats in Vic

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Week 1 of July

76 races
    41 odds on favs = 54%
    24 won = 58.5% success rate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    These Silver and Bronze races are a great opportunity for the lesser likes likes to get a photo on the wall. Owners of strugglers like Molly Kelly and Lochinvar Art must be very chuffed to race against similarly credentialed horses. Note the sarcasm.

It just adds to the reasons not to run these races.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I'll confess I haven't read the fine print on the Vicbred series, are these consolations? Molly Kelly and Lochinvar Art didn't contest the Vicbred series, they were both in the breeders challenge in NSW so if these are consolations for the Vicbred Series then I wouldn't have expected to see them in them. But wasn't that what you wanted Brenno, no consolations.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I'll confess I haven't read the fine print on the Vicbred series, are these consolations? Molly Kelly and Lochinvar Art didn't contest the Vicbred series, they were both in the breeders challenge in NSW so if these are consolations for the Vicbred Series then I wouldn't have expected to see them in them. But wasn't that what you wanted Brenno, no consolations.
    I want the showcase finals like they are at the moment and have been for years.

The horses who get don't make the final shouldn't get a second bite of the cherry though whether that be a consolation or a silver or a bronze - I don't care what you call it. That money is better spent elsewhere.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    But what does that have to do with Lochinvar Art and Molly Kelly in these races?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The $25k 2yo C&G Silver pace has 3 first starters in it

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXC12071809
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Well clearly not a consolation for those who were unsuccessful in progressing through the original series then.

Just checked, only horses that made the Vicbred final are excluded from these. So horses who dont support the series are eligible even if they have run second in the final of the equivalent series in NSW. Something doesn't seem quite right......
    Last edited by Dot; 07-10-2018 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Added to

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    July update (fini of 17/7)

178 races
    87 odds on favs = 49%
    51 won = 58.6% success rate

PBD conditions may already be making a diff as 49% is a drop

and this is despite many small fields where everyone is off the front. With bigger fields and PBD conditions we may see a serious reduction in Odds On Pops. 33% would be fantastic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    July update (fini of 17/7)

178 races
    87 odds on favs = 49%
    51 won = 58.6% success rate

PBD conditions may already be making a diff as 49% is a drop

and this is despite many small fields where everyone is off the front. With bigger fields and PBD conditions we may see a serious reduction in Odds On Pops. 33% would be fantastic

Bigger fields might mean the "handicapped" runners are drawn 8 & 9.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is hard to know what is worst for PBD Wayne so maybe PBD is flawed - especially straightforward 1-12 PBD (I am sure Brenno had pointed this out before)

Kilmore and Maryborough are two of our most used tracks
    The stats are only for the last 12mths (I don't know why they do that!)
    but at Kilmore while the 8 & 9 are not bad draws - 7 has the best strike rate of any draw!
    Maryborough sees 8 is fine but 9 so-so while 12, 10, 6 are their winningest - in that order

At Melton 8 & 9 are not as good as anything off the front with 1 then 5 the winningest
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread