Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With today's Mildura meet and tonight's Bendigo meet having a few races overlap, someone thought it would be a good idea to have a split screen on TrotsVision
    It wasn't really as we can live without the preliminaries at Bendigo while a race is being run at Mildura
    BUT what made it especially annoying was having the sound up for both - how could they NOT foresee/insure this was not a problem

They then compounded the ridiculousness of the split screen by having them both show the next Bendigo race but they were not in sync so once again Garbage audio

It is always the audio, I don't think the techs must have the sound up half the time or else they would not get it wrong so often
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With the two meets tonight I worked out the sound overlap with the split screen
    If you hover over the bottom of either screen you will see that you can mute one
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A problem with the split screen for when we have two meetings being run like Geelong and Mildura last night
    Between races at Mildura they have up the previous race's result/semaphore board under the banner for the next race
    If you didn't notice on the following snip for example that the banner says (R)10 and at the end 16min (circled in red), you are going to think the semaphore board on display is for R10
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why is it always the sound that is a problem on TrotsVision?
    No sound for R1 at Stawell
    TAB feed is however fine
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is anyone else's TrotsVision playing up tonight
    the track vision only - it looks like we are only getting every second frame (jumping) and the horses look like they are going in slo-mo
    The sound is spot on and the time to the race countdown clock is ticking off the seconds perfectly so it is very confusing

Checked my internet speed and it is the highest it has ever been (nudging 200!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They have just gone to a break and left us with a black screen so I think there must be a problem
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Fixed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ision-website/

Singing their own praises but with no actual numbers, just percentages. I'm afraid it reads a little shifty
    With JB able to keep it simple in his column this week then the marketing department can too - just give us the numbers. We will judge for ourselves, how well you are going.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ision-website/

Singing their own praises but with no actual numbers, just percentages. I'm afraid it reads a little shifty
    With JB able to keep it simple in his column this week then the marketing department can too - just give us the numbers. We will judge for ourselves, how well you are going.
    We need to see turnover and foal numbers increasing for it to be judged as successful . The Covid lockdowns would have increased its audience more than anything.

As I have said elsewhere I only tune in just before the race and then tune out just after the race. There is very little on there to keep me interested.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No replays up at all for Maryborough today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread