Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well done David, I was wondering whether starting the broadcast from when the horses first come on the track for their warm up would be relatively inexpensive to produce and yet of great interest to trots fans
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just had it on at the same time as Fox Sky1 for Hamilton R1 and noticed that Trots Vision was about 10 secs behind
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Although it is not full HD you can choose the Setting 720 which is a better pic than you can get on Sky
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have found another great feature of these early days of Trots Vision. You can have Trots Vision playing and be doing something else and when they cross the sound comes on and you know a race is about to be run. It is especially appealing to those of us who hate the barrage called Sky1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As much as I like to have the Setting at 720p for the best possible pic, I find that sometimes on this setting the pic freezes or buffers too much. Anybody else find this?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Worse than freezing this time! Sky1 I love you again
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Breaking up again tonight (Kilmore). I have given up on 720p resolution but even on 540p (and not going to Full screen on the computer) I cannot be sure of getting through the race

Please don't make me go back to Sky 1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Any tech experts or better still HRV people out there who can explain whether Trots Vision is meant for anything more than small ph or tablet screens

Just experimented during the interviews after R3. I only have the resolution on 540p but every time (did it 5 times) I chose Full screen for my computer the pic froze forcing me to exit full screen, refresh the page and select play again.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Please HRV do not commit too much to program production etc until you get the streaming right. I am finding it pretty useless of late - freezing all the time when setting is on Auto (540p) and on small screen (not full screen)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is not a problem if I connect to my mobile broadband which seems to have a faster speed than my ADSL2 but I still cannot excuse it as I watch things on SBS on demand on full HD on full screen without a problem
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread