Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    They really need to get Jason Bonnington some media training, he is forever inappropriately commenting on people's clothing and appearances
    I can't stand the bloke. He calls everyone by a nickname and barely lets the co host talk. I really like watching the show but can't watch when he is on. I would be happy to see J Bon P off !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We are no doubt the wrong demographic but he could do with some training LOL I have seen him referred to elsewhere as the Walking Ego - there certainly is a lot of I in what he talks about (mostly his bets last night)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    JB is good at manifesting excitement but when it is pitched at that level too long you do need to take a break from him. With the producers not doing it for us, I found myself switching off and on a bit tonight - Menangle having some big races was a real blessing
    I can see what Trevor means about the nicknames - tonight they were constant, constant, constant (although I think he may have called Chris Alford - Christopher for a change)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was great to have pretty much continuous coverage from Maryborough today for the trotters breeders crown heats but to be professional we really needed another camera. A huge percentage of the telecast was really audiocast as we never saw Paul Campbell or anyone that he interviewed. A fixed camera on a microphone position for interviewees would have made us go from Ch31 standard to commercial channel standard, if for some reason this is not as simple as it sounds well then a fixed camera on the parade ring/stables area would have been better than an empty home straight or the semaphore board
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have no sound on TrotsVision other than Dan's call for R1
    They are continuing on as if they didn't know

They have done 100's of meetings from Melton - it should be clockwork by now!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We only heard a goodbye "Cheers" from Glenn Douglas's interview - probably enough
    We have not been able to hear as to whether there is a reason that we have only male hosts tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am not sure why we need 3 on the desk when we are using Dan a lot and have Gareth on track
    (although it is certainly stopping Jason from dominating)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    We have no sound on TrotsVision other than Dan's call for R1
    They are continuing on as if they didn't know

They have done 100's of meetings from Melton - it should be clockwork by now!
    They were aware of it and just kept going as there was no way to know when the sound would kick back in - it was a Sky Channel problem.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been told "HRV and Mediatec send replays to Sky Racing / TAB from meetings", so I am pretty certain Sky don't produce our TrotsVision content so I cannot see how we can blame them for no audio. I reckon we could do with an old fashioned "Testing, testing, testing 1,2,3 " maybe a half hour before the meet just in case we have a rogue Sky worker pulling out one of our plugs. We did see a worker go into the Broadcast box after Dan had called R1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why do TrotsVision leave it until the last second to roll
    eg Horsham R1 today - we missed the very start.(by no means a rarity)
    Unprofessional
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread