Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ballarat Cup draw special - no audio for the first couple of minutes.
    TrotsVision has undoubtedly the worst paid audio technicians anywhere in the world
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nikkita, Gareth or Rob and a guest (plus Dan of course) - TrotsVision/HRV should lock them in for every metro meet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would be remiss of me (after all my recent criticism of Visions audio) if I did not mention that the audio for all 3 on the panel tonight at Melton is clear and of equal volume no matter which way they turn their head. Yay
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Following on from our pathetic treatment by Sky and the recent Hunter Cup coverage on Racing.com
    I wonder whether we couldn't strike a deal with Ch7
    I doubt they rate their 7Two and 7Mate channels as valuable an asset as what we might (as streaming has eroded the number of free to air viewers)
    We could however experiment with whether we could get a following on one of these channels. The benefit to them is free content (we have the production means through TrotsVision)
    The obvious would be their Racing.com but that is the gallops baby and make no mistake, many in the gallops world are still our enemies, so let's steer clear of them
    We could commandeer Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday nights for Trots night on 7Mate
    We cannot see NSW as the enemy so we could invite them to be part of it (or any other state except WA - time difference) to keep up the content.

Let's say you could conduct a 3 month trial and see if it has positive results

In the long run I am not sure that free to air is important as people tend to stream everything nowadays (especially under 40yo's) but it could be a worthwhile experiment

Some would say that we have to be where the punters are = TAB/Sky
    I see it as running hand in hand with TrotsVision and TAB/Sky
    I do however think that if the big/pro punters see us as their source of income they would punt on us regardless of our viewing platform
    I know for a fact that some of the gallops form analysts/punters punt wherever they can be successful - things such as European Womens Volleyball etc, things that you are not going to see on Sky
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-13-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sounds like a good idea Kevin, the only issue I see is that Sky own the rights to the race vision and may not wish to lose viewers to free to air.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am already wondering if a change of heart about going to Terang tonight might have been a mistake
    TrotsVision breaking up badly - I think it is them as they put up the TrotsVision logo at one stage and I have good internet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nikkita good as always and Josh Dickie has a future in the media if he ever wants to retire as a participant
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank God for the advances in technology.
    What with Vincent having his first Victorian winner last night, I thought I would revisit his performances. Sadly it is not until 2018 that our replays are of good enough quality to enjoy. You view Vincent's one failure/mishap in the 2017 Vic Derby and compare it to the 2018 replay - the improvement is incredible

We have got it so good nowadays. I remember when having Bell Lap and Finish photo form for Moonee Valley was considered fantastic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Perhaps the resolution of the videos have been minimised for storage purposes. Trouble is viewers can't optimise the resolution to watch replays, therefore the quality is the equivalent of an old Super 8 home movie. Another example as to why the HRA website desperately needs to be upgraded.

I note 4 of Vincent's 5 Australian starters have been fillies while last night's winner is a gelding. There is a very well bred Vincent filly debuting in race 3 at Addington NZ this afternoon named Tara Victory. Her dam is a SBSW half sister to Tiger Tara. Half the field is scratched so only three runners and her good trial form could give young Vin another winner. And I just watched his Vic Derby heat win again to remind me how so good he was!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why is it that the audio can play up for TrotsVision but never Sky/TAB
    Once again no audio for R2 at Stawell on Vision but it was fine on the TAB
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread