Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Do we REALLY need the interim dividends of the previous race on the screen whilst they are warming up or promotional material is being played? No idea what it looks like on a big screen but it takes up around 20% of the screen when viewing on a mobile phone.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is there any chance of TrotsVision ever becoming a 12hrs a day 'station'
    I have been doing a bit of indoor painting and for a distraction I have had the Racing TV channels on
    The gallops follower has got it made - there are TWO 24hr stations of nothing but gallops with program after program (I is Pay only, I know)
    It is pretty hot competition
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would not take much to make TrotsVision something worth promoting to the general public (some advertising to let them know it exists)
    I much prefer it to the hodge-podge that is Sky
    It needs a screen message stating when telecast will begin and once it does we cannot have a dead screen between races - so if there are no interviews etc we should keep replaying the previous race (with a countdown clock stating when the next begins) until the horses are out doing their prelims
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trots Vision is the real deal tomorrow night with interviews, analysis and the all important barrier draws

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...y-night-ahead/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Was it me or them?
    I only got a blue Trots Vision screen for the first
    (Luckily I had Sky at the ready)

I'm not at home so there's a good chance it was a reception problem
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-30-2019 at 12:57 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why don't we hear from Dan Mielicki until the mobile is well and truly moving
    I appreciate looking at the footage of the horses doing the preliminaries that they provide and I don't really need any commentary for that, it is just a strange production not having any audio - sometimes until they are only metres from dispatch
    As Professor Julius Sumner Miller would say: "Why Is It So?" (an old favourite of my dads)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Still would love to know why we have no sound until they jump
    The production audio (other than the call) or should I say frequent lack of it for interviews, should really be getting better

(Not Visions fault I know but it is nearly R8 and there are still no replays up)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is fantastic having non-stop program on Vision for Breeders final night
    One personal improvement I would love. If the sound was in sync with their lips. I actually do not need to read lips with the hearing device I use now but old habits die hard and I cannot watch the panel without my brain attempting to do it and when they are out of sync (ever so slightly) it just makes for confusion. My solution at present is to not look at the interviews just listen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am loving this coverage - it is like being back in the Ch31 days
    Adam Hamilton is a fantastic host
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Agree the coverage is good.
    Personally I don’t really like either of the blokes hosting but they are both very knowledgeable, particularly Bonnington, think he reads races/form as good as anyone. Not the New Zealand interest of previous years but I also would like to see Mick Guerin involved.
    Just worry that TrotsVision is preaching to the converted. Anyone who even knows it exists is already involved in the industry.
    And going by the crowd of 17 people on track we need some new faces.

+ Reply to Thread