Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vicbred Super Series Finals

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Brendan was on the right track with his rationalization that not all odds on pops win
    They were above average tonight with 7/10 = 70%
    and Emma Stewart 6/8 = 75%
    With the stable 6/7 with odds on pops coming into the last (86%) we just had to 'play the odds' that they were due for a loss and we would have been ecstatic (Soho Burning Love $17 fixed odds)
    In the race before Major Sea ($81 FO) was going to get there in another metre or two and that would have been a real upset!
    Correct in the sense Nostra Villa got beat but my rediction of 7 come undone with the win of Kauloa. Great night of semis. Punters paradise next week and Sunday at Menangle given pleny of form references and cross referencing as well as educated assumptions to be made! Keep this format!
    Whats the Stewart prediction for final night? 5? Would be fave for all but 4yo E&G and maybe mares depending on draw.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why aren't the barrier draws for the finals up yet?!

Looking around for them I noticed that we really need to do better eg

On the news loop we have a preview for last night (if Fields etc can reset at midnight surely stories with a specific time relevance can too)
    Worse still on the Tabcorp Park site I find a promotion for the Italian Cup (it was on June 16)
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-30-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Why aren't the barrier draws for the finals up yet?!

Hi Kev, please see: http://www.harness.org.au/media-room/industry-news/

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks David, I am sure we will find a prominent spot for them soon

The unlucky ones amongst the big chances would appear to be

4YO ENTIRES & GELDINGS
    13 JILLIBY KUNG FU

4YO MARES
    12 CARLAS PIXEL

3YO COLTS & GELDINGS
    12 RIDE HIGH

2YO FILLIES
    12 TWO TIMES BETTOR
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at some good times at Bendigo tonight, I decided to check out how far off the Tk Rec they were

It is there that I got a reminder that KONAN who did not race as a 2yo, at only his third race start ever as a 3yo holds the Bendigo Tk Rec for 1650m with a 1.52.0

The quality of Emma Stewart's 3yo Colts (and yes they are all colts) in the Final on Saturday is amazing

Poster Boy, Konan, Ride High, Major Times, Liftntorque

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXM07071808
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Emma cannot however win the 4yo Entires & G's with both her finalists scratched
    Does anybody know the story?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXM07071806
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-04-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    While Emma has 5 in each of the Colts finals, Michael Stanley has her outnumbered in the Fillies finals with 3 to her 2

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With nothing better to do, I am looking at the semi's again and trying to make my selections for the finals
    I might need a bit of help Brenno

Looking at the 2yoF I can only see 3 winning chances

I am wondering whether the draw, longer trip and a better lead in favours Kualoa and justifies her price or whether the other 2 are likely to find more improvement - they being Soho Nolita and Two Times Bettor.
    Since they all had a freshen up in May, Kualoa has had 4 races as her lead in while the other 2 have only had 2. I know Kualoa was only having his 2nd ever start in the APG final but back then Nolita brained them/her but was no match for her last week
    I am not sure the barriers are a huge factor

The market $1.65 - $3.20 - $10 (Nolita)
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-07-2018 at 12:27 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The market for the 3yo C&G is interesting
    Poster Boy at $1.80 with the draw and should be approaching top fitness after 2 runs back deserves to be top pick
    Ride High $2.15 may be super special but this week he cannot be asked to sit 3W for a whole lap to get around them (I think he was treating them with contempt last week)
    Konan has done nothing wrong - has had the exact same prep as Poster Boy but I think the run before their break where he couldn't beat Poster Boy may be the form to follow
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    With nothing better to do, I am looking at the semi's again and trying to make my selections for the finals
    I might need a bit of help Brenno

Looking at the 2yoF I can only see 3 winning chances

I am wondering whether the draw, longer trip and a better lead in favours Kualoa and justifies his price or whether the other 2 are likely to find more improvement - they being Soho Nolita and Two Times Bettor.
    Since they all had a freshen up in May, Kualoa has had 4 races as his lead in while the other 2 have only had 2. I know Kualoa was only having his 2nd ever start in the APG final but back then Nolita brained them/him but was no match for him last week
    I am not sure the barriers are a huge factor

The market $1.65 - $3.20 - $10 (Nolita)
    Kev my advice is to back the he's or him in a 2yo Fillies race as they will have more testosterone!

Quite possibly there is improvement in Soho Nolita and Two Times Bettor. On the heat I have Two Times Bettor a better horse this time in than Soho Nolita.
    The way Kualoa has dealt with horses like Soho Nolita, Larajay Macray and Single Tree Road has been a bit more impressive than the way Two Times Bettor beat them. Races were run with different types of sectionals however I don't think that matters much. And with the draw I have Kualoa as the one to beat.
    From that draw Major Kiss will go very close. Has the gate speed to either lead or hand up and have the last crack. Will look very threatening down the straight.

+ Reply to Thread