Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Indicators - Good, Bad & Ugly

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    It appears that the loss of revenue from the French PMUs decision to stop wagering on our product is in the order of $16m ouch

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yikes that would be massive. I wonder how the continuing trot orientated Monday meets are going locally turnover wise and indeed how much of the trots revival was aimed at having an international audience?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Wish our governments ( and NZs) understood supporting the racing industry, particularly the breeding sector, is not subsidising a failing industry but investing in sustaining agribusiness, rural communities and ensuring open space for generations to come as they do in the US. Nothing against the revenues from wagering taxes going to the hospitals and charities fund but don’t they realise that directing more of the wagering taxes in a manner that supports our agribusiness, ie predominantly the breeding sector, may result in more people employed and less in need of charitable organisations or government provided hospital care and a flow on effect of greater revenue from wagering and other taxes. Might have a full Hunter Cup and more horses left in NZ if they did.

http://www.harnesslink.com/USA/LAWMA...IC-NJ-INDUSTRY

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    It appears that the loss of revenue from the French PMUs decision to stop wagering on our product is in the order of $16m ouch
    Just rereading my source for this that amount could be the total amount wagered over the past 4/5 years. It has been growing since inception so the loss going forward is still in the millions annually.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I assumed that Dot. Ray Chaplin showed me that HRA had international revenue around $6m the last couple of seasons and we are assuming this would mostly be Vic's french venture
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A big crowd in attendance for the Hunter
    A good mix of ages is promising too
    I am thinking a huge percentage of them are Melton locals
    I reckon there were as many if not more food choices at Ballarat on Cup Night but there was enough and a few family friendly attractions
    $69 for the buffet might have been a bit rich (it may have been great food ) as I saw a couple of large empty tables
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    16% increase in sale average at APG. Two $100k plus lots but appeared to be better demand and prices for middle tier lots which is good for everyone. Would have been disappointment for some as the sale tailed off noticibly towards the end.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The stakes difference between Melton and Menangle is becoming huge if you look at their secondary meet for the week

Melton seems locked into Monday nights
    Last night we had 9 races with the mix producing the average prizemoney of <$6k per race

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MX110219

Menangle's usual Tuesday meet today
    has 8 races with the average prizemoney per race of >$9k

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=PC120219

So at the premier track of each state we are seeing the NSW folk racing for 55% more

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    We are going bad when there is no semaphore display on track.
    You don't realize how much you refer to it until it goes missing

Apparently the 2 HRV have are out of action.
    It would want to be phenomenal circumstances otherwise I am thinking that whoever has the maintenance contract gets a FAIL
    Looking at the first half times being recorded, I am thinking that we still do not have any semaphore boards on track
    What could be taking so long?
    Any chance the Media and Communications Department might let the public know?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    7 of 11 races at Melton tonight only $10k - I guess this is how we pay for a $60k Terang Cup tomorrow night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread