Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Indicators - Good, Bad & Ugly

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Yes, he said it jokingly, was complaining about not backing any winners at the gallops and he might have to have a bet at the red hots.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Mr Pakulas comments on harness racing clearly show that he thinks the industry still has integrity problems. Why doesn't he replace Mr Monteith and Mr Martin if he thinks they aren't getting the job done ?
    Interesting spin on it Rick.

Mr Pakula should have more faith in the new Vic Racing Tribunal and amendments to the Act.

As far as integrity and Mr Pakula goes, he also being the Attorney General, VCAT could have viewed the industry as, for example, QCAT does. Other Civil and Administrative Tribunals believe the sport is bigger than the individual, not so VCAT.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Wayne, he got the boot from Attorney General after the red shirts affair. He refused to co operate with police as did all other Labor politicians involved.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Wayne, he got the boot from Attorney General after the red shirts affair. He refused to co operate with police as did all other Labor politicians involved.
    Of course.
    Notwithstanding the red shirts affair, we'll have to rely on Jill and Martin to promote the sport is bigger than the individual.

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can't say that it worried me. I know the meaning of red hots is not complimentary and that he is the Minister and that it has clearly upset many but in the above context I see it as jocular and no more than a slip of the tongue. I cannot think that anybody could claim that he meant to offend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The offence industry is totally out of control if you are offended by that! Thanks for the post Gutwagon.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    No more than a Freudian slip of the tongue...I wonder if he followed the tip...the candyman beaten a head by G Douglas.

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Not much offends me but the fact that the racing minister thinks our industry is red hot really pissed me off.
    I have not seen any comment from Martin or Monteith, they must feel as if they are wasting their time trying to push integrity !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Not quite sure how M Pakula coming out with that, whichever way he did, gets to ...Martin or Monteith, they must feel as if they are wasting their time trying to push integrity !

Am thinking they might have a quiet, smart, diplomatic conversation to M Pakula.

+ Reply to Thread