Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Indicators - Good, Bad & Ugly

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    The breeders crown heats are changing from next year I think it is and will all be being held in Victoria if I recall correctly.

At least now Richard there is a late payment option, up to owners if they use it. Whilst reminders are sent out, might be an opportunity growing now for someone to run a stakes payment service which ensures their "busy" clients horses have all their relevant payments made on time, though if your racing in Vic the payments are taken out early in the piece from stakes money. I've also had one miss out due to messy admin procedures.

Greg Canty has resigned and HRV is currently advertising for a new racing and wagering manager.

And Jim you've advocated for promotion and indicated you don't buy the paper in the same sentence. Can you see the problem?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Diminishing Breeders Crown entrants, a lot of people have been saying over the last couple of years they won't be paying up for it. Some due to stable dominance as well as the "if you haven't got a Bettors or Art Major...may as well not be in it" and of course the inequity of two or three horse heats outside Vic.

Is this the last year heats will be run in NZ and interstate? All will be in Vic and I think all on the one day like the Vic Super Sires. There's also an intended prize money increase for the final, previous Board and CEO. Pretty sure, funded by running less heats, no more two and three horse heats out side Vic.

Will these changes encourage more entrants?

edit: just checked, 2018 is the last year for outside heats.
    Last edited by arlington; 07-17-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: re my post and Dots

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Just how it used to be!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Just how it used to be!
    There has always been interstate heats Kyle, and in the early days many of them.
    I remember taking a horse to Wagga Wagga to race in a heat.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Moving all heats to Vic Wayne only addresses the inequity of 2 or 3 horse heats versus full fields in the early stages of the event. Perceptions such as can't compete unless you have an Art Major or a Bettors Delight will persist, and if there was any doubt previously the results of the recent Vicbred series confirms there is very much a dominant stable in the Victorian juvenile ranks at present.

Without the "walk up" start across the Tasman and interstate it remains to be seen if stables in these jurisdictions target the Breeders Crown as they have in the past, particularly as they are no doubt also aware of the strength of the Stewart stable which have the advantage of racing on home turf.

I envisage a continuing reluctance amongst the broader band of participants to contribute to the funding pool for the Breeders Crown if they feel they have little prospect of success in it, and to maintain funding levels the event will need to become more elitist with a smaller pool of participants contributing a higher amount in order to race in a reduced number of heats for a significant purse in the final, and the title of Breeders Crown champion.

Whilst the number of participants would be reduced the event can still be an important marketing opportunity to see the best juveniles race to industry participants and public alike. But with harness racing having a reputation as sport for the battlers rather then the silvertails it remains to be seen how well an increasingly elitist series would be received.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...50d2e484bf4ab2

Is this an example of the type of initiative that you're referring to Kevin?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Like all the papers nowadays, I am afraid you cannot see the link unless you are a subscriber Richard. Can you take a 'snip' of it?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Richard

Wow that is DIFFERENT

" Each winning ticket holder will then have an entry
    in The Kosciuszko and can select a NSW country trained horse to race in their entry,
    subject to agreeing with the horse’s owners as to how they will share the prizemoney for
    the race."

I know it is copying the main race, The Everest, but imagine Joe or Josephine Blow being in a position to find/select a horse to represent them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    A matter of perception Dot. No

+ Reply to Thread