Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Drivers

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    In the space of 1/2 hr N Jack hops on two horses he has barely driven before and has to drive them in a way they are not normally driven but judges them to perfection. (Best driver in the country).

Before that Sugars was superb on Triple 8.

Yes they had horsepower underneath them and race run to suit but you still need to be good enough to capitalise. In between all that poor Bondi Lockdown punched out the gate from outside front when he had two of the fastest beginners in the state inside him, and then sent on a mission 1st up after conceding a fair bit of ground behind the galloping horse. No doubt Dunn is a great horseman and its going to be a hell of a ride the next couple years but I fear he might leave a few big races behind.
    Dunn doesn't learn and that man N Jack does the damage. I should be thanking him because it was obvious what would happen, but surely he learns now for the sake of Bondi.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We didn't learn much about the horses from the race Brendan
    Will LA and Bondi return to their best (or at least near to it) and "how much can we credit Copy for that win?"

ps Hey Brendan, why do you think David Moran is missing off the Harnessweb Licensee list - typo/omission?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So Lochinvar Art has been stood down for 28 days!
    He had an endoscopic exam so I am guessing he failed this badly
    For the times he ran after a bad start would not be grounds for 28 days

The Interdom title holder was beaten 181m and it was only stood down 1 trial

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM17092201
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Champions run fast times but take the same time to recover from illness and injury as a kids pony. It's an absolute disgrace that Lochinvar Art was allowed to start just a fortnight after a similar poor finish and the stable reported it had "only" a "minor" lung infection. Only now do the stewards demand a vet certificate is produced before it races again. Standing it down and making the horse trial satisfactorily seems one start too late.

A compliant media and the fools that took the slim odds about the horse could fall for the ruse. I guess we can now add the stable connections to that list, we have been dripped dubious reports about the horse's condition for the past eighteen months.

NZ Cup? Dream on.

Boncel Benjamin? Done, if that run is used as a measure. Lightning struck twice for the horse during last year's ID Final, the second time being in the stewards room.

Copy That looked a certainty after a lap. Driven quietly this week and latching on to Lochinvar Art's back for a cart-up some well below par performances from quality opponents saw his class get him home.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    We didn't learn much about the horses from the race Brendan
    Will LA and Bondi return to their best (or at least near to it) and "how much can we credit Copy for that win?"

ps Hey Brendan, why do you think David Moran is missing off the Harnessweb Licensee list - typo/omission?
    Yeah still lots to learn. Vic Cup might be first chance big guns all meet in a more standard run race.

DQed trainers dont appear. Maybe suspension of trainers licence is treated more like DQ trainers rather than like suspended driver? Not sure.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He was on the list about a month ago when I was checking when he was due back
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am looking forward to seeing the full stewards report to see if it mentions the trainer or stable representative for Lochinvar Art - I would like to know who it was on Saturday night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The date David Moran's suspension finished had been on the Suspended Drivers List when I checked a month ago.
    I think it may have finished Sept 7 as the VRT hearing was on Feb 7 and this also explains why it was no longer on the list last Thursday (it still doesn't explain why he is not on the Licensee list)

The end of the VRT ruling:

The bottom line is that you are immediately suspended for a period of seven months. If you breach either of the relevant Rules again in the next 24 months, the further suspensions of two and/or three months will become operative. Also, you are fined a total of $3,000.

Mark Howard
    Registrar, Victorian Racing Tribunal
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The horse bled so nobody will be training it for quite a while, if ever. Reported as a grade 4 pulmonary haemorrhage, whichh means more than 90% of the surace of its trachea had blood on it. Grade 4 is the highest grading.

I am so sorry for a great horse and, without sounding like a knob, I predicted this. If a mug like me could predict it, you wonder why others were so blind. Perhaps the lure of big stakemoney? It is going to take a lot more than 28 days away from the races, a successful trial and a vet certificate to bring the old Lochie back.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Yes Trevor the whole LA thing seems strange.

Harness.org are now reporting that he had a "Minor Bleed" and will go to the US to race or retire. So they are still playing the incident down. No stewards report yet so we don't have the official word. Obviously you have got the info from elsewhere and I have no reason not to believe you.

Seems HRV just wanted the publicity that LA generates and didn't put his welfare first as you pointed out .
    Sad end to a great career.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread