Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Drivers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Chris Alford is a brilliant driver, more evidence with a treble at Shep tonight
    BUT why would he position $2.50 Eq Fav Cracker Jet 3Fence in a 7 horse field? in the last
    It may have 'only' been a $10k race for the 3yo with a big future but all of his 4 wins from his previous 7 starts were all only $7k races

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SPC15082008

I just watched it again and CA always had eyes for the 3F position with the Lilley stablemate of the co-fav and winner always there to keep him on the fence. Add to this the fact that CA is normally a first choice driver for Lilley trotters. Why has Josh Aiken lost the gig on Cracker Jet.
    Maybe I am too suspicious but IMO things not only have to be on the up and up but they have to look like they are on the up and up
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-16-2020 at 01:08 AM. Reason: After viewing replay
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trainer and driver (tonight) Allan McDonough obviously thinks 2yo Blitzern is a champion for despite the horse losing 4 or so lengths after making a mistake at the start, he did not think falling in the 1x1 was good value and take a breather, instead went straight to the death. The horse was brave but I would not be surprised to see Kima back on it next time (if she does not have Stewart commitments). The time of 1.55.6 at Terang was excellent for 2yo's
    There are no replays up so you may have to wait until tomorrow to have a look or go to Sky/TAB (I have some memory of having to wait until the next day for replays once before at Terang - something to do with the internet)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#TEC20082006
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What has become of Dean Braun?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    John Caldow wins the first 3 races at Melton today and in interviews says that the death is not the place to be with the strong wind
    Zac Phillips comes out and brains them in the next two sitting in the death
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    What has become of Dean Braun?
    Amanda Grieve is the trainer, Dean mucking out boxes or something, so I read a few months ago.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I loved Ryan Duffy (Boncel Benjamin) having a crack at beating the long odds on fav Out To Play (first up) in R4 at Ballarat tonight
    Instead of conceding he made the last 1200m fast just to find out if the fav was fit enough

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#BAC29082009
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wonder why Kima is not driving tonight
    She is on track as she trained the winner of R3
    Firerockfireroll R7 is one she always drives for the Stewart stable
    (I have checked the Suspensions list)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rhys Nicholson has joined the Mildura driving ranks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Greg Sugars was on his stable's $1.20 pop The Hervey Bay in a 4 horse race at Stawell today
    He chose to sit in the death while all the other runners hugged the pegs
    Maybe he thought he was controlling the race from there
    But the leader and winner ran them along rating only 0.1 secs outside the Tk Rec
    The Hervey Bay ran last
    There was very little in the TAB pools eg only $1,207 in the Tri pool so I am not suggesting anything
    The Tri paid $234
    Not bad if you potted the favourite

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SWC06092002
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No driver listed for Ride High on Saturday night - I am not sure why it wouldn't be Kima
    Maybe Jodi if Kima is not going to be there

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#TEC12092001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread