+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainers and Drivers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Ride High

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    No driver listed for Ride High on Saturday night - I am not sure why it wouldn't be Kima
    Maybe Jodi if Kima is not going to be there

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#TEC12092001
    Who get to pilot Ride High?

Jason Lee went to Kilmore from Terang last night to drive 2 Stewart/Tonkin horses.

Possibles: Jodi, Jason, Puppet, Greg and what about Dasher Douglas from left field?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If I was Kima I would go to Cuba to keep the drive
    Jodi is listed as driving another stable entrant later on the card
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Who get to pilot Ride High?

Jason Lee went to Kilmore from Terang last night to drive 2 Stewart/Tonkin horses.

Possibles: Jodi, Jason, Puppet, Greg and what about Dasher Douglas from left field?

KATE GATH listed to drive RIDE HIGH.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Noel
    I didn't consider her as Andy has Beach Surge in the race
    Have I missed some news explaining why Kima is not driving Ride High?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Noel
    I didn't consider her as Andy has Beach Surge in the race
    Have I missed some news explaining why Kima is not driving Ride High?
    Kima has tweeted that she is no longer driving , she will be concentrating on training and educating horses.

I guess that recent fall may have caused her to re think her future .
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    This may have been mentioned before but Tonkin sticking to the light drivers has reminded me. Either the form guide or the HRA web site should list all drivers weights. Drivers should be weighed every 3 months and their weight listed for punters, owners and trainers to see.

I would much rather a 50kg driver than a 120kg one. Kate and Kima in the same cart would still weigh less that a few male drivers going around !
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    This may have been mentioned before but Tonkin sticking to the light drivers has reminded me. Either the form guide or the HRA web site should list all drivers weights. Drivers should be weighed every 3 months and their weight listed for punters, owners and trainers to see.

I would much rather a 50kg driver than a 120kg one. Kate and Kima in the same cart would still weigh less that a few male drivers going around !
    Hmm weight can fluctuate so its possible false info would be being used presented as fact and I think there would be pushback from having weight advertised. Is it more just part of form analysis to know who the drivers are?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Surprised Kate Gath didn't take Majestuoso to the death in R5 at Terang tonight
    Sammy Showdown got away with a 67 sec first half and of course the speed was on when Kate eventually came 3 wide

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#TEC12092007
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know we once had a big discussion about Drivers' Colours v Owner/Trainer Colours BUT I cannot find the thread (here will do for now)
    I found it interesting to hear Dan and Rob having a lengthy discussion about it today during their Trots Vision coverage of Melton
    As race-callers they are very much in favour of Owner/Trainer Colours but also because colours come to be associated with champion horses
    Dan gave the example that if we continue post Covid with driver colours then Ride High would be going around with Kate in the Gath colours
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Kima has tweeted that she is no longer driving , she will be concentrating on training and educating horses.

I guess that recent fall may have caused her to re think her future .
    Has anyone heard why Kima gave it away?
    It was since her fall that she has been driving what some think will prove to be the greatest horse the Southern Hemisphere has seen (or the world)
    Why would you walk away now?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread