Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HRV- Vegetable Oil on the track- now that's smart

triplev123

HRV- Vegetable Oil on the track- now that's smart

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=16716

Interesting idea. I don't give a bugger about the water saving angle but the application of vegetable oil to the track surface makes a lot of sense to me.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I may be wrong here Triple, but I think Vegetable oil is used on the Fannie Bay Gallops Track......Someone once told me they used sump oil but I am sure in more recent times I have heard it is Vege Oil......

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    one small step towards synthetic surfaces

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    one small step towards synthetic surfaces
    ...and its increase in back and hind end injuries as is plaguing the US gallops at the moment...

triplev123
    Spot on Flashing. I would sincerely hope that we NEVER go down the synthetic surfaces road.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon of Light View Post
    Good afternoon vvv, very much enjoy reading your comments on this forum.Keep up the good work.Rgds.
    [VVV] Is that you, Shadow?

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    does anyone have alot of experience with synthetic tracks? i see they think they increase hind leg injuries with gallopers because they hold moisture unevenly or something... but gallopers also more tendencies towards those type of breakdowns? and standardbreds more to suspensory injuries

triplev123
    Increase that number by 1 will you ROL, I agree with you also.
    Hold the line. Keep the faith.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon of Light View Post
    Great timing for me re the inquiry as my mare is nearly ready to go to the trials.
    A level playing field,some light at the end of the tunnel.
    This shake up will create a completely different atmosphere at the track.
    People will be happy again and it will give the honest trainers a new found confidence.
    Great times ahead I sense.
    [VVV] Testify Brother ROL, could not agree more.
    I was at Menangle yesterday and I reckon that you can already feel a difference.
    Notably, the small number of serial shitbags that were there appeared very sombre indeed.
    Upon sighting or passing each of them I have to admit that I did find it difficult not to offer a few choice words, however I managed to restrain myself. In years past it would not have been so.
    Ultimately, no luck in the race and no luck with the Stewards interpretation of events...so that was pretty shitty, but props to them, technically we really didn't have any standing as such because we went in to see them on behalf of our mate who races a colt that we bred & leased to him. They showed us the replays & we were heard. I think they were wrong of course, they think he broke of his own accord but clearly he stood on a shoe...however it was civil, we put our ideas, they put theirs and we agreed to disagree, our mate will have to abide by the Umpire's decision. Wasn't thee greatest of drives home, took me an hour to wind down but this morning I woke up and thought about it and I'll tell you something ROL...the fact I saw that the shitbags were all so down in the mouth was well worth the trip out there in istelf. All things considered, as you say...great times ahead.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-31-2011 at 08:06 PM.

triplev123
    You know ROL, I am not that offended by the lust for ill gotten gains because to some degree unfrotunately that's always going to be present anywhere that gambling is happening. The $$$ attracts the smarties & the smarties will always be on the look out for a weak spot the way that Hyenas look for a lame Zebra and as we all know, the price of keeping them at bay is eternal vigalence. That's fine, that I can deal with.
    What I am greatly offended by however is the fact that those involved have basically thought everyone else too stupid to realise that something wasn't right. I've discussed this with a mate of mine far more well informed as far as the betting/wagering landscape is concerned and like myself, he has long held similar views. We could see that something wasn't adding up but we could not pinpoint exacty what it was. It goes without saying that, though it may have brifefly crossed our respective minds at different times, I don't think that either of us really genuinely suspected Stewards involvement and even then, nowhere near anything up to the level that it appears to have been.
    In retrospect, and as much as it greatly pains me to say so...I very strongly suspect that the green light routine has, in one form or another, a fairly extensive history, one that well & truly preceeds the current crop of suspected offenders, both participant & regulatory. It may not be the one & only explanation for everything that has gone on up to this point...but it sure serves to join up a whole heap of previously disjointed dots.

+ Reply to Thread