Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interesting Change to Exclude 3yo's from C0 races

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Theres a vast difference between 3yos who won their 2races in $5000 maiden and maiden and one win company and those who scored them in group company. The former should still be eligible for C0 company and the later should slot into C company at higher then C1 imo.

Katie, Ann, I'd prefer 3yos race each other too, but it appears that there aren't enough "good" 3yos and just as you don't want your good 3yo racing older horses others don't want their lesser 3yos racing the better ones either. Maybe metro and higher assessed country races for "good" 3yos should be programmed differently, 50% to the winner perhaps and more prizemoney distributed down the line to help these races stand up and develop the careers of 3yos.

Of course that is customising our product, something it appears the various administrations are not prepared to do.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At present in Vic in a $7k race they pay $3990 to the winner = 57%, if we were to take it down to 50% that is only another $490 to distribute, maybe take it down to 45% and that would be $840 extra
    Would $3150, $1200, $830, $480, $340, $200 x 5, be anymore attractive and get a full field of 3yo's?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Must admit I didn't check the current %ages Kev, but I wasn't thinking of $7k country fronts, but metro fronts which are $16k or better, and perhaps country oaks, guineas and derbies which should be min $10k, preferably more, and the %ages may need tweaking. Ann and Katie's concerns are about looking after and preparing the better 3yos for fast class racing as older horses. It's reasonable to assume that less talented or slower developing 3yos will have ample opportunity to race other 3yos whilst attaining their 2wins in regular prizemoney distribution country fronts, or they could be more inclined to chance their luck against better 3yos for a larger share of the purse in placemoney for metro and country feature races.

Certain a change in prizemoney distribution was used successfully in NSW to grow the trotters ranks.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I used the $7k example as I thought I could remember Ann saying that there were not enough 3yo races programmed/standing up as a lead into those races you mention Dot
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Ann may have said that Kev, but scratch everything I've said,there are no races in Victoria for 3yos worth more then $10k programmed, in fact there are only 4 $10k races for 3yos programmed between now and the end of the year, and only one race, yes one race for 3yos assessed higher then 3A1 before Dec 30.

Perhaps David Martin could explain why anyone would want to pay up to race a 3yo in Victoria for the next 3 and a half months at least instead of sending them to NSW where there is a $9450 3yo race every week at Menangle, 4 $10k heats a month into a $20k final once a month, races for 3yos up to 3A2 and they still get to race COs when they are 3A2s.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Ann may have said that Kev, but scratch everything I've said,there are no races in Victoria for 3yos worth more then $10k programmed, in fact there are only 4 $10k races for 3yos programmed between now and the end of the year, and only one race, yes one race for 3yos assessed higher then 3A1 before Dec 30.

Perhaps David Martin could explain why anyone would want to pay up to race a 3yo in Victoria for the next 3 and a half months at least instead of sending them to NSW where there is a $9450 3yo race every week at Menangle, 4 $10k heats a month into a $20k final once a month, races for 3yos up to 3A2 and they still get to race COs when they are 3A2s.
    And they run the Derby in Feb. No wonder Kiwis have auch a great record in it.

+ Reply to Thread