Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Reactor NZ

aussiebreno

Auckland Reactor NZ

As a southern hemisphere forum member, specifically an Australian who believed Auckland Reactor was overhyped and over-rated I don't go much on him. He is definately a Grand Circuit horse here and he definately under-performed in the States/Canada, possibly for medical reasons. So after all that you witnessed from his NZ career and his US career what are your opinions of Auckland Reactor?

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Prizemoney: NZ$1,440,656
    Group One Wins
    New Zealand Sires Stakes 3yo Final
    New Zealand Trotting Derby
    New Zealand Free For All
    Auckland Trotting Cup
    Noel J Taylor Memorial Mile
    New Zealand Messenger Championship
    4-Year-Old Emerald
    A very good race horse, that had the opportunity to race in the US.
    He will get a good number of quality mares and will have every chance to prove himself as a sire,
    so time will tell. I would breed to him, there are many other stallions at stud of lesser ability IMO.
    Wagga, the best thing to come out of there.. definitely the Mortimer Brothers.

nat
    A little bit harsh on the horse he has done some amazing things in his short career he should had been pull from his trip in the US and sorted out as he was well below him self I can understand his stud career if he was recovering from surgery like putting a mare in foal when she has to stand out a season but he should had always been aimed to race again just look at the race All Tiger beat him and the circumstances and look at what All Tiger is doing in Canada and tell me what he should be capable of, defiantly over hyped not overrated

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    People are always talking about how owners and breeders should feel obliged to race their stars well past their colt years, for the sake of the fans and the sport. However, AR is a good example of how much a horse can devalue himself with a stretch of bad racing. Fortunately for AR, this bad stretch occurred far from home, hence he is more likely to be forgiven for it.

nat
    Hi Joe

I know what your saying when you have a star juvenile and he has a stud career ahead of him its a big risk to go that extra year especially if he cannot dominate and he looses some of his gloss and a new star hits the scene and people interest drifts from last years star to this years star on the other hand it will be interesting what injury and failed stud career and return to racing has done for Sharks Gesture. In the southern Hemisphere we look to race our horses beyond 2yld and 3yld until they have proven themselves at open company and won a few group 1 races the probably would be overlooked at breeding time.
    Last edited by nat; 12-07-2010 at 01:03 AM.

aussiebreno
    Wasn't harsh on the horse - I said he is definatly Grand Circuit horse. If I'm harsh because of that and people are still trying to say he is better than that (eg a star of the Grand Circuit) then it isnt hype but over-rated.

The will Auckland Reactor/won't he race on talk was mute point down under. There was absoultely no inclination he would be retired after his 3yo years. A lot different philosophies here. We might breed to your star 3yos but a star 3yo here has nothing on a star aged pacer.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    He raced like a rat in the US. I know that he has to in reality be a much better horse. He couldn't have been much worse.

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    You know i bet if they would have given him to good ole louie pena he could have went with the free for allers.....I know one thing he's no Mr Feelgood.

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Just to let all the forum members know that Auckland Reactor is fine and that the six shares that were sold have all been sold to Australian investors. Quite an interesting situation considering some of the comments from some Australian members. The horse is now owned by 15% Canadian, 10% New York, 10% New Zealand and the rest Australian. I will endevour to update you all later in the week. From all reports Mark Purdon and the Allstar team are very happy with the way the horse is at the moment.

http://harnesslink.com/markpurdon.news/

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    He's a bum....lol no obviously he is a champ in his own right. I guess he doesnt like temperatures over 75 degrees? If Kelvin Harrison couldnt get him going maybe they should have tried Pena.......lol. When you look at group 1s he's won and the fact they race 3 wide and stuff. Hes gone some amazing trips.

+ Reply to Thread