Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRA National Conference

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

HRA National Conference

The inaugural HRA National Conference will be held from 10.00am to 6.00pm on Inter Dominion Championships Grand Final Eve in the Hill Stand at Flemington Racecourse.
    Topics that will be covered include Marketing & Promotion, Breeding, Industry Funding and a Youth Forum where emerging talent and future leaders will share their thoughts and paint their vision for the future success of the industry.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...e-Announcement
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have moved this thread from the Positives Only thread as I am being sent feedback that people obviously feel cannot fall under the 'no ifs or buts'
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One very interesting take:

Perhaps those who are doing their level best to suggest ideas to overcome the threat of the sports extinction might find it of value
    to initially concentrate on the core reason all the good suggestions of the past have come to very little
    Once the reason for this is agreed and addressed maybe something positive could result from all of their much appreciated and valued recent efforts

This was proceeded by a reminder that no product = no business, in regards to the continued decline in foal numbers

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To another I had said that I thought the topics suggested in the quote need a ton of work
    And that I hope the conference gives the opportunity for attendees to talk - not just listen (brainstorm sessions) as we need solutions and I would hope to see an action plan at its conclusion (not solutions as such but steps towards solutions)

Their response was that what with state forums, roadshows, meetings and representatives attending HRA conferences:
    HRA should have the picture well and truly already

(embarassed)

Let's hope the conference is not just a slick talk fest

+ Reply to Thread