Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Foals 2011

Flashing Red
    Congrats!

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    At last! 1 year and about 6 hours after last service at 2am this morning out she popped. 2 years in the waiting. By Bettors. All good so far but some decent storms heading our way at the moment so its going to have an 'interesting' initiation.

No name yet. Wanted to wait to see if her half brother could win his M0 tonight and then would have to have been called "EMMO". But they called them off (due to the coming storms I think).

My young 3yo daughters name suggestion = PANCAKE (my daughter definitely threw to her Mum!!). Pic attached when about 5 hours old this morning. Full of beans and running Mum round in circles!

We all very excited (me exhausted) and over the moon!

Cheers
    Nice one Paul !

I "Bet" you were "Delighted" with your filly.

Palais Better Half ???

Regards,

Sue

triplev123
    CONGRATS Paul. That's a great result.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thanks Tahn, Sue and Triple

Got her checked out today and all OK. Thought all OK but being a 'relative novice' thought best to get someone have a look. All good!! My 3yo daughter very keen to have a pat. Got her to walk into paddock when they being checked and she made "Contact" with foal. Sorry no pic but should have seen her face light up (both foal and me daughter!!). THE BEST!! Makes it all very, very worthwhile.

Have had no other suggestions so looks like PANCAKE be foals name.

"Palais Better Half" a great name suggestion Sue! We have half the ride (up and downs) we had with him and she half as brave as him then we be real, real happy!

Cheers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Thats awesome Paul. Its great that your daughter can have such a wonderful connection from such a young age

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The newest addition arrived early this morning - a full brother to Fly Like an Eagle. All doing well and "dad" is doing cartwheels!!

triplev123
    There's a result. Congrats mate.

Flashing Red
    Congrats Mightymo! We're still waiting for our first foal of the season.... hopefully soon!

triplev123
    We've got 1 & a 1/2 to come but only 1 that we have to do foal watch with.
    She's the size of a house, has always been the front runner girth wise, and she'll be the last to foal by probably 4-5 weeks. I think she's going to leave a Box Trailer or a Chest Freezer.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Congratulations on your arrival and more importantly your successful negotiating the foaling process. I get the impression that your mare did not foal at a stud. Is this the norm in Australia. After working professionally as night foal watch at Nevele R stud for several years what you have experienced with your mare and foal is quite common and also far from a worse case scenario. Hope you never have to deal with an inverted delivery or breach delivery. Can't myself fathom out how people can just go to bed knowing that they have a mare due to foal and hope that all will be well in the morning.
    Mind you foal alarms aren't much use when any one of 50 mares may be waiting to foal at any moment. and 400 - 500 per season 3-4 months..
    And some do pick the worse moment...Like the middle of a thunder or snow storm.
    Anyway alls well that ends well and it is a sight to behold isn't it??

+ Reply to Thread