Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Foals 2011

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Hi Flashing Red,
    You could pick one of the leading forum members usernames, as I thought he was a she.haha

Flashing Red
    Sorry they aren't the best. The little darling was not the most co-operative when trying to get him to stand in the sunlight!

foal4.jpg

foal1.jpg

foal2.jpg

foal3.jpg

triplev123
    That last shot Tahn, looks to me like he has a really good laid back slope to his shoulders/shoulder blades. I like that. You'd think he should have good extension to his stride. Here's a pic of the grandfather of all great slopes to a Pacing horse's shoulder....Matt's Scooter. I reckon you can see his influence very strongly in both American Ideal and Shadow Play.
    Check that out for extension.

Conversely, I can't stand those buggers that are really upright there. Nearly always turn out to be short striding things, little or no extension up front.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Conversely, I can't stand those buggers that are really upright there. Nearly always turn out to be short striding things, little or no extension up front.
    I think it's pretty hard to tell what she has up front from that photo - the damned horse is in the road

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    i think it's pretty hard to tell what she has up front from that photo - the damned horse is in the road
    hahahahahahaha........that's gold!

triplev123
    Trevor was a bottle-fed baby.

Flashing Red
    This is the only other photo I have. Looks a bit dickie but you can see the foal better! I'll try get better ones next time I go out, even if they are just for me. After I uploaded them all today, didn't really get any great shots!! Not sure why they turned out so small either...

Re the sloping shoulders: it is the same with riding horses. Upright shoulders normally mean a choppy stride.
    Attached Images

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Hi Tahn,

A bit hard to guage sometimes from a photo but he looks to be an athletic build - long legs, long barrel.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    lovely foal Tahn,looks a cracker!

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    couple of our 2011 foals.
    courage under fire colt. 3 days old
    769.jpg