+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Foals 2011

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    sportswriter colt born this morning at my place. nice little fella we called marchello.

cappy.jpg

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    Arnie - Mach 3 colt born last week , first time he stood up

arnie.jpg

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I like the look of the American Ingot filly, Lisa

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Congratulations Dean,nice colts.I'm quite a fan of M3...........maybe the little fella should be called Splitsville Montana after that photo.LOL

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Well done Lisa,lovely babies! it's a great time of year.

Flashing Red
    Lovely foals Lisa and Dean! That American Ingot one Lisa is a beauty! And Dean they are just so adorable when they first stand up, wobbly little things! The Sportswriter looks beautiful too, I love the dark horses!

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    thanks guys...super happy with the Ingot filly. Shes out of a mare we purchased from the royal star dispersal, done alright since with 3 of her progeny winning. Hopefully can get a few good ones out her too.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Tip.....
    If in daylight lift tail and look see.
    If at night with torch same procedure
    f at night no torch..Lift tail... 0 or 1 finger in = colt. 2 or more fingers in = filly..
    I was told this when on my 3 foaling season at about number 600 odd I filled in a foaling sheet wrong and I get reminded of it often.
    I guess maybee after doing it 600 odd times I shudn't have left myself open to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Hehehe very (shamefully) must say the she is a he!! Lesson learnt don't rely on opinions given by flashlight at 11pm at night. Just got a phone call then that the little "filly" is actually a colt. I know I should be happy, but was really after that filly incase anything happened to the mare. Very dejected at the moment. It's a beautiful foal neverthless and I'll have photos tomorrow. Don't know what's worse, the fact that it isn't a filly or feeling like a goose announcing that it is! :'(

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Tip.....
    If in daylight lift tail and look see.
    If at night with torch same procedure
    f at night no torch..Lift tail... 0 or 1 finger in = colt. 2 or more fingers in = filly..
    I was told this when on my 3 foaling season at about number 600 odd I filled in a foaling sheet wrong and I get reminded of it often.
    I guess maybee after doing it 600 odd times I shudn't have left myself open to it..
    Haha thanks for the tip - I've always left the sex determination to everyone else and I think I just keep it that way and perhaps just wait 2-3 days afterwards before making a big announcement! Hehehe I must admit the whole under the tail thing isn't that black and white, well not 5 minutes after the little thing is born (and I'm sure you can understand me not wanting to do any poking LOL!!!!)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    PB060198.jpg611112.jpgPB060213.jpg
    Here's a few pics of my "Dawn Ofa New Day" colt out of my mare "Rumbleon". 9 days old . Mare took 12 months and 3 days from last d.o.s to drop him.
    Getting her served by "Art Colony" this season.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread