Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is Real Desire out of favor?

Junior Member Foal trevesy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Sales

Why is Real Desire out of favor?

He only averaged about $10K per yearling at Harrisburg this year and has now been moved to Indiana from PA with his stud fee dropping to $5K. Looking at his average earnings per foal he is in the top 10 (based on USTA website) and his 2 year old colt, Mystic desire is very smart and just got a world record. Thoughts?

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Real Desire's celebrated son, Tell All, is being shipped off to Ontario at a discounted fee after one shot at Harrisburg. Nineteen of his twenty-two yearlings brought less than $10,000, and nine of those sold for less than $5,000. Standing in New Jersey simply made a bad situation worse for Tell All.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Joe
    People in Aus tend to steer clear from son's of Life Sign i'm not to sure why and maybe that might go for Tell All as well as he is a grandson, in saying that i do hope Tell All gets a chance over here as he was a good racehorse. If people see the sale results that might have an impact over here on Tell All's book as the sale's were less then impressive and people might see that as no confidence in the horse.

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    Thats a great question, I would say mostly because of the RockNroll, Western ideal/hanover line. Maybe they just havent found the right cross. I am from indiana and i know he will definetely get bred to. Same thing with the Bettors delight it seems like there not as good

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Bettors Delight have done a good job Down Under and the yearling sales in the new year should reflect that.
    mangos correct that the sons of life sign and for the most part life sign himself have been very dissapointing,
    once burnt twice shy? something like that. Real Desire would have bred some nice mares. The 2 year old season
    has started so time will tell. My guess is he will do an Astreos...but hopefully with the autopsy.

+ Reply to Thread