Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adam Hamilton

Junior Member Weanling Ribbon of Light will become famous soon enough Ribbon of Light's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark Darragh
    Horses
    Coco Lombo Pretty Little Lucy Filly foal
    Would be hard to replace him, but a commentator I enjoy listing to on sky is Alan Gaskell.
    Not as well read as Adam on Harness racing but is able to give free flowing pre race commentary on Harness Events.
    He easy to listen too and has a very clear diction.
    You may think a good clear voice and good pronunciation is not important but as an example try and listen to / understand what Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler say on the sidelines
    at football matches.They both suffer from poor grammar,mumbling and both talk too quickly.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Speaking of Johns and Fittler and the NRL , has anyone ever been able to work out a single word that Darren Lockyer says in interviews? I sure can't. Sounds to me like he is mumbling in some obscure East European language
    Last edited by David Summers; 09-04-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Junior Member Weanling Ribbon of Light will become famous soon enough Ribbon of Light's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark Darragh
    Horses
    Oz, Yeah your right, can't make head nor tail with what he's saying.
    Needs some teflon on his tonsils.
    But probably no need to understand him,they all say the same things like
    Full credit, turned up to play, self belief, stepped up to the plate, put his hand up, poor completion rate,Yeah mate,no mate etc etc......

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Hehehe ROL

It's like every interview on TVN during the thoroughbred auctions. I wish I had a dollar for every time that an interviewee says the horse was bought because "It was an exceptional type".

Like running your fingernails down a blackboard (do they have these anymore , did in my day).

You mention Alan Gaskell. He seems to have been around forever in different media outlets and seems to have a permanent tan. Very knowledgeable and is obviously passionate about his harness racing , but can someone please ask him to stop saying "Ladies and gentleman......" almost every time they cross back to him on Sky. Another fingernails on blackboard for me :-)

However , despite this , he does a good job on Sky and makes you feel like you have known him forever.

Real Name
    Mark Darragh
    Horses
    Lol, Good comments Oz.
    Very accurate perception of Alan, an ex N Zedder, I think he started life in the media on 2KY many moons ago.
    My wife's a school teacher ,no blackboards any more ( much to her disgust ).
    Replaced by Interactive White Boards or Smart Boards that are linked to a computer, great innervation she says.
    Go the Tigers.

triplev123
    You can blame former MP, Ros Kelly for the whiteboards craze.

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Huge loss to the sport.

I only hope that Tabcorp allow him to still work part time on Sky in covering the big meetings and on in the gig.
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

+ Reply to Thread