Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bendigo Cup and Maori Mile on Saturday

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Bendigo Cup and Maori Mile on Saturday

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BN050119

The weather should be good and the main events keen

I am not sure finishing the night with a couple of $4k trots with tiny fields adds anything to the program (supplementary races?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Whilst I’ll admit I’d don’t know the exact reasons why, David Martin has made it clear that the number of races we conduct is important to maximising our share of the distribution and whilst one or two of the connections are perhaps rueing the late night I’m sure most are happy at the prospect of perhaps winning a race and or earning a bit toward the upkeep of their horses.

Of course you don’t have to stay up to watch them Kev, but perhaps there will be a punter or two keen to try them amongst the usual late night fare of hurdle races from the UK and France, though of course in WA it’s not that late. One thing I’m certain of Kev is that each of those horses and their connections are adding more to the industry then the negativity of the last paragraph of your post is.

aussiebreno
    Good to see some of the horses from the Inters coming back. Let it Ride V San Carlo going to be interesting with those draws.

Dont know what the industry loses from the 2x trotters races either.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Whilst I’ll admit I’d don’t know the exact reasons why, David Martin has made it clear that the number of races we conduct is important to maximising our share of the distribution and whilst one or two of the connections are perhaps rueing the late night I’m sure most are happy at the prospect of perhaps winning a race and or earning a bit toward the upkeep of their horses.

Of course you don’t have to stay up to watch them Kev, but perhaps there will be a punter or two keen to try them amongst the usual late night fare of hurdle races from the UK and France, though of course in WA it’s not that late. One thing I’m certain of Kev is that each of those horses and their connections are adding more to the industry then the negativity of the last paragraph of your post is.
    Yeah, I think I should take a holiday
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Nah won’t help Kev, you just need to keep your chin up like the rest of us!

+ Reply to Thread