Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRAs proposed rating based handicapping system

Senior Member 4YO Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt

HRAs proposed rating based handicapping system

HBNSW have distributed a copy of HRAs proposed ratings based handicapping system to their members requesting feedback. Not sure if any other industry groups have done likewise yet.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ae971c...System_HRA.pdf

Senior Member 4YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Thanks for that link Dot. I think it's worth a try.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Yes it is Rick, and changes that address the economic losses and welfare failings of the industry due to horses that don’t race at all or disappear from the racing pool after one win are long overdue.

I can’t believe on other social media there are people who would can this ratings system based on an irrational fear of the lengths some drivers may go to to to finish nearer the tail of the field to maximise the loss of ratings points. I’ll bet these same people are the ones that haven’t noticed over decades those drivers who have only ever been trying to run in the placings to avoid taking a penalty.........

Senior Member 4YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think the first win bonus should be paid out for a win in any race the TAB is betting on regardless of race prize money. This would also encourage owners of lower ability horses to stay in the game longer. With the current demand for as many races as possible I don't think punters care much about the ability of the horses they are betting on, they just want competitive racing, fields big enough for each way betting and fewer odds on favs.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread