Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIC - Perfect Major Scratching. VIC don't like Bad news

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VIC - Perfect Major Scratching. VIC don't like Bad news

Stories like this one emanating from VIC should be viewable from Vic's
    www.thetrots.com.au

I find them on the AHR (Australian Harness Racing) site
    www.harness.org.au

Where 'News' includes the category Stewards

Unless someone can show me otherwise, I believe HRV are trying to minimize the publication of bad news. I cannot see how they can have the tab 'All News' when it is anything but

I don't expect to get an answer from HRV as we seem to have upset CEO David Martin who went from being all over this board to invisible after we questioned whether he should stand down when the Maryborough accusations were being aired

But I am sure they still read us as part of their media policy

It is a pity they cannot embrace us as a way of communicating with their rank and file
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-29-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    HRV's new media spokesman, Frank Drebin, said "Move along, there's nothing to see here!"

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    One could say I'm missing the point but my preference is the HRA site. I'll always open the HRA site, not always the Vic site. That might disappoint D M.

As for stewards/integrity media releases I prefer releases from all states are on the one site, being HRA. Can keep an eye on border hoppers, ponder over how states deal with infringements differently, as well as see what the likes of Muscle Factory are doing before the Vic Derby...

I guess, for me, I can't see how HRV are minimising the publication of these releases when one could safely assume more viewers access the HRA site(?). I would think it not mandatory a state publishes integrity/stewards releases on the HRA site.

I am a supporter of name and shame but I've gone off on a tangent Kev?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Long ago I had made the Vic home page my home page - probably mostly because it used to immediately list the weeks meetings (now it just has 4 dates which requires unnecessary clicks)
    Of course I go to HRA now to get 'All the news' so you're right - I might as well make HRA my home page

I reckon HRV would be horrified if they thought more viewers access the HRA site

If I was a NSWelshman I would be using the NSW site which lists the next 4 days meets (no extra clicks required) and if you want to click on 'More upcoming meetings' you will find the Trials and unlike thetrots.com it actually has the fields! They also have recent results front and centre. They have tabs up the top for News and Integrity where they provide ALL the news. IMO it is a far superior home page to Vic's thetrots.com but I am not a facebooker or instagramer and some might like Vic's quick links to them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Yes me too Wayne I always start via the national site. Only go direct to the Vic site to access trotsvision. Must say I’m finding it annoying to open a story from Vic on the national site and only get a paragraph and have to click onto another page to read it. Find myself reading less Vic content as a result.

+ Reply to Thread