Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Cup 2019

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Hunter Cup 2019

I will make it easy for you to find the field. It is not front and centre on trots.com.au as they only list until Feb 1 so you have to click Full Calendar then change from Jan to Feb - UNBELIEVABLE

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#MXM02021901

You can piece it together from Cody's story

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-barrier-draw/

But the bottom of the Harnesslink News story by Adam Hamilton was much simpler

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...for-Tiger-Tara

It is hard to believe a C6/M1 can get a gig
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-30-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Has the draw ruined the contest and made it a potential procession for Tiger Tara?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Not a full field Kev, and probably not the Butt stables first choice representative either.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    The $1.50 for Tiger Tara suggests so Kev. Very Hard not to see him not leading and Toddy not getting some easy sectionals again early.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Feb 2 (Hunter Cup) has now been added to listed meetings making it much easier to find the field
    I reckon they are listening (they would no doubt deny it LOL)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Yearling PremiumEdition will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Berryman
    Yes Kev an M1 in the Hunter Cup sheeesh, I know its almost impossible to compare great horse from the past but I saw Waitaki Hanover win the Hunter Cup at the Showgrounds from 24yd behind and ran something like 2.06 for the 14 furlongs (2800m) around a saucer from a Stand Start. I'd would love to see the gooduns of yesterday on the bigger tracks of today.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-01-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by PremiumEdition View Post
    Yes Kev an M1 in the Hunter Cup sheeesh, I know its almost impossible to compare great horse from the past but I saw Waitaki Hanover win the Hunter Cup at the Showgrounds from 24yd behind and ran something like 2.06 for the 14 furlongs (2800m) around a saucer from a Stand Start. I'd would love to see the gooduns of yesterday on the bigger tracks of today.
    Gosh M1 eh??? Well that's not too bad eh? After all the race is open to all and sundry M0+

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But should it be Tony? Should a horse that has never won a Metro race be eligible for an elite race?

The M1 this year is Raukapuka Ruler: assessed as R88 in NZ
    He had 1 win (his M0) and 0 placings in the last season and a bit before being exported here
    Here he has run a nice second to My Field Marshal in a Metro race and in his non Metro win at Menangle ran good time (both only mile races). A slow Goulburn win is his only other credit.
    He has ability but has only put one real score on the board - The Norhern Derby nearly 2 years ago. Is that enough to be entitled to a crack at the Hunter Cup.
    Admittedly others have been given a shot with less

In the NZ Cup the only creditable run by a horse rated <100 was that of Forgotten Highway who managed 8th

I suppose it depends on whether you see the AG Hunter as a 'Cox Plate' or a 'Melbourne Cup'

I guess programming it as a M0+ makes it the latter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Not exactly Kev, the Melbourne Cup is a handicap, if the Hunter Cup was the true equivalent then Raukapuala Ruler would be getting a start on the likes of Tiger Tara from a stand.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah, you cannot really compare the 2 codes for even their weight for age (different weights for different ages) would have to be a handicap in our code to achieve the equivalent.
    If the Hunter Cup was still a stand you could have your handicap
    As it is the draw must seem like a preferential draw to the NZers (but with Tiger being exempt)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread