Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really?

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto

Really?

Don't think I've ever seen a final line like this when there is a breaking story involving cheating or corruption in harness racing

“Racing Victoria is committed to maintaining the highest integrity standards in our sport and, where appropriate, we will continue to work with Victoria Police on those investigations.”

* As the matter is ongoing, comments have been turned off on this article.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/brea...olice-20190130

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It may have been too much for the moderators Mark.
    DW has only been arrested not charged so if it all comes to nothing racenet may have been worried that any incorrect comments could see them sued by a man who would have the resources to do so
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Hi Kevin

I understand their reasoning; it's just that it is not always adopted across the board. I get tired of reading the moronic 'crims on rims' comments made when it is a harness racing story involving cheating or corrupt behaviour

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, I understand your point. I taught it West Heidelberg for a while - if a car was stolen in West Heid it made the news (never mind the fact that there were 20 others stolen elsewhere on the same day)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I got to see the Herald Sun as well as The Age today and the Sun has gone very hard at Weir - they must be sure he is going to be charged over the supposed jigs or else they could find themselves in court
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    What's more amazing, the rap sheet or that some of his current owners are shocked? No pun intended.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Peter V'Landys on the front foot with Weir issued a show cause notice for why his nominations should be accepted in NSW. As NSW have previously disqualified a trainer for 2 years for possession of a jigger I don’t imagine the Weir stable will be racing at the NSW Autumn Carnival. Could be some trainer changes coming up very shortly for some of those shocked owners.

Be interesting to see what Vic does, and further proof that uniform rules and penalties should be in place across all states.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    What's more amazing, the rap sheet or that some of his current owners are shocked? No pun intended.
    Everybody knew his rap sheet and it would seem so many owners are only interested in results
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Peter V'Landys on the front foot with Weir issued a show cause notice for why his nominations should be accepted in NSW. As NSW have previously disqualified a trainer for 2 years for possession of a jigger I don’t imagine the Weir stable will be racing at the NSW Autumn Carnival. Could be some trainer changes coming up very shortly for some of those shocked owners.

Be interesting to see what Vic does, and further proof that uniform rules and penalties should be in place across all states.
    I know this seems like semantics Dot but did the 2yr disqualified one have the jigger in his stables or on his person?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Press reports didn’t distinguish Kev. I don’t think RNSW will either, trainers liability. Weirs is a big stable, one jigger might get argued away as a rogue employee, but I doubt four would.

+ Reply to Thread