Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Distances

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

Distances

I heard that the Menangle 2300m races will be shortened to 2200m after supposed concerns raised by trainers regarding the distance being too difficult on younger horses.

Has anyone else heard whether this is accurate?

triplev123
    Nah, nothing here. Usually hear stuff like that and haven't heard a word.
    All the 2yo events I've seen out there have gone over the Mile anyway. Maybe they sent them over 2300m at some stage but I can't recall it happening.
    If it's indeed true then my reaction is that it's a bit ridiculous to think 100m less will make any difference at all.
    If they're not going to punch out the 2300m then what makes anyone think they'll magically punch out 2200m?

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Yeah I will ask at the track today Triple, I was just curious as I am a little with you, not sure it will make much difference.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    If they cut the 100 off the end it will help because thats where the horses tire. But 100 shorter at the start wont make any difference.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    If they cut the 100 off the end it will help because thats where the horses tire. But 100 shorter at the start wont make any difference.
    [VVV] I can see your point there however I'm not sure that I agree. I think they should take 100m out somewhere in the middle of the race if they want to make a meaningful difference.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [vvv] i can see your point there however i'm not sure that i agree. I think they should take 100m out somewhere in the middle of the race if they want to make a meaningful difference.
    lol!!!

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Gold VVV

Flashing Red
    I think they should have distances OTHER than 1609m and 2300m. They need a longer distance, like 2800m too.

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    For a 2800 they would have to start at the winning post and go 2 laps. It might be better to go 3000. That way they can start at the current 1600 where they obviously already have timing set up.

Flashing Red
    Yes, whatever the distance, I feel that they should have a distance longer than 2300m and hold 1-2 races at this distance at every meeting. I think that the mile races should be the most prominant, but also have 2300m and the longer distances too...

+ Reply to Thread