Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Distances

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    let me guess...fitzpatricks want the change, they'd change the track back to harold park if they could! the boys only know one way, lead- walk- sprint

taking 100m off will make a big difference... to the draw! horses from the inside will hit the turn 100m earlier and be easier to hold out horses outside them

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Yeah I will ask at the track today Triple, I was just curious as I am a little with you, not sure it will make much difference.
    If you find out any info about that damn timing system showing the full mile rate as they go past the post , would be appreciated too. It was several months ago that this was announced that steps were in place to have the software "tweaked". Thanks for stopping the "and change" for the decimal point of the unknown mile rate

Have a good day. Great weather so far.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Just watched the first at Menangle on Sky. Anyone know what the two large square metal structures are behind the advertising boards at the 200 metres and 100 metres? Are they for future giant video screens or something else?

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Cheers ozi , no news on timing system but keep tuned for the distance variations....
    Flashing, there have been some 3009m races but only one in the past 2 years however I believe
    They would like to have a few open class pacers and trotters races over
    This distance in coming months!

Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks FH, what are the two large structures on the inside of the straight I mentioned in my last post?

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Spot on Ozi, giant screens they will be!

Real Name
    David Summers
    Wow, that will be a great improvement. Thanks FH.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Cheers ozi , no news on timing system but keep tuned for the distance variations....
    Flashing, there have been some 3009m races but only one in the past 2 years however I believe
    They would like to have a few open class pacers and trotters races over
    This distance in coming months!
    I would like to see a distance greater than 2300m but less than 3000m personally (most tracks have a 2700m-2800m etc distance) but I guess now I am getting picky!

Real Name
    David Summers
    Saw on In The Gig that now the extra cost for the increased drug testing throughout NSW will no longer mean reductions in prizemoney, as was previously mooted. It's now coming out of "interest from investments" or something like that , whatever that might mean. At least some sanity prevails.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I would like to see a distance greater than 2300m but less than 3000m personally (most tracks have a 2700m-2800m etc distance) but I guess now I am getting picky!
    [VVV] Thinking of bringing the old boy out of retirement?

+ Reply to Thread