Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Menangle's HUGE night of preliminaries

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Yeah Kev I think she should have been issued an invite, let the connections decide though as million dollar races don’t come along very often I think I know what path they would take. It’s all very well supporting the mares more at the grass roots level of racing but this one showed up the boys on the clock last night and should have been given her chance on the biggest stage. Isn’t that what wildcards are about, and certainly she would have been the talking point that the MM usually strives to create. I think the directors missed an opportunity here unless she was invited and connections turned it down.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=39670

Cruz Bromac is actually Em2

ps The Tell Me Tales thought was not originally my own - an ex poster emailed it to me
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-24-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I received another very pertinent email

Remember, on Tuesday morning the HRNSW Handicappers and the Club's Racing Manager didn't consider Chase A to be in the top 16 nominated for M Mile?

So they must have been bloody impressed with his run last night even though he was a second slower than Tell Me Tales (remembering he was not good enough until last night)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Re Chase Auckland - The selectors may have given consideration to the stewards view of how he was driven in the chariots?

aussiebreno
    Ths just gets better and better, Hail Christian 3rd in the Chariots and 2nd to Chase Auckland last week not even good enough for a spot in the Bohemia Crystal. Edit: Or Let Ride a sub 1.50 last week!
    3rd edit: Or the horse who sat outside Chase Auckland 3 weeks ago in Ignatius not even good enough for a spot either! Seriously ...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I hear from a little birdy that the MM field was decided before Tell Me Tales and Let It Ride’s races were run

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I hear from a little birdy that the MM field was decided before Tell Me Tales and Let It Ride’s races were run
    Yeah thats not really a secret - field was publically announced Sat night well before the Let It Ride race and maybe even before the mares race I can't quite recall.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Re Chase Auckland - The selectors may have given consideration to the stewards view of how he was driven in the chariots?
    Supplementary stewards report from Chariots -

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=PC230219

...also provided entry into the Miracle Mile for the successful horse...

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Seems to be a typical MM, with much confusion and controversy about which horses have been issued invitations and which ones haven't.

It pays to remember, invitations to the MM are issued by the Committee. Rational thinking is not necessarily a qualifying criteria.

Just my two bob's worth; Chase Auckland is a worthy inclusion. He is on his way up and is now much fitter after several setbacks. He's a genuine star. Cruz Bromac is nearing the end of a pretty torrid campaign both sides of the Tasman. The Committee got this one right.

+ Reply to Thread