Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: THAT'S how it's done. Tabcorp Pk Menangle 03/09/2011

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Good to find a harness bloke with an open mind sure your not from the gallops or have worked in a true regulatory role.
    [VVV] G'day VOR. That's a no on the TB count though I've worked in a regulatory environment in the past. The way I see it, the Stewards get plenty of brick bats, some deserved, some not so much, & I've been given to deliver the odd one myself when I believe the need has arisen. Equally, I think it's important to hand out boquets when you think things are done right. That piece should go into a Training Manual under 'How to write a Report'.

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    I don't want to downgrade the stewards report you are all talking about but.. It's only one steward who does it - its not a standard.
    Have a look at ANY report form ANY meeting in WA. They have all been doing it that way for years.

The biggest gripe I have with them here in NSW is that it takes so long to get the report onto the website. Sometimes it can take 5 or 6 days. Even the summary comments on the results page can take a while - though mostly they are there the next day.

In other jurisdictions, the results comments are usually there the same day or even as the results of each race go up. The subsequent reports are always available the next day.

So the report you are talking about is good but they have a long way to go to reach the standard in other places.

triplev123
    G'day BBD,

Pretty much everything you say there I agree with...however to put it in context, as you'd no doubt appreciate we're coming off what has been an ongoing generally low standard as far as the NSW reports are concerned. Some of them have, IMO, been nothing short of abysmal, no question, & they've also left a fair bit to be desired as far as being posted on the national website in a timely manner.
    So, to see something like that which Chris Paul & Co. have produced is I think well worth the applause and words of encouragement. As I said, that piece should go into a Training Manual under 'How to write a Report'. It was also up on the website in a timely manner, btw. Cheers once again.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Without seeming to jump to the defence of HRNSW stewards at every opportunity you only have to look at their workload to understand why their reports can take a little longer to get on the website.

In WA they have up to seven with a minimum of three or four stewards at each meeting this type of staffing at most NSW meetings is just not possible. 4 or % at the biggest meeting of the week, much easier to get all the work done also in other states they do not have to back day after day with the very long trips the NSW boys have.

Chrs Paul did a good job getting his up from Saturday night no doubt and as I sadi before he has been writing reports this comprehensive for years now ... he may be one of only a couple .

There are plenty of weeks where they work one or two or even three days in a row at race meetings or are five or six hours from home and have travel there and back. NSW is the only state that is like this, in the other states they the steward fly to the more remote meetings.

I for one am happy to wait if its accurate.

triplev123
    So am I. I'd rather wait a little while and have an accurate, well written one than get crap one a few hrs after the meeting finishes.

Junior Member Foal allsmokedup will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

This is how its done!!

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=BA030911

Not sure if anyone agrees but this about one of the most comprehensive reports i have seen??? Doesnt leave anything to guess

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    I accept that the NSW stewards sometimes have to officiate a long distance from the headquarters at Bankstown, but this is the 21st century. Surely they are capable of logging into their system remotely. So, whilst I sympathise I don't accept distance as an excuse.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Here is yesterday's Menangle Stewards Report , released a couple of hours ago , ....... so there

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=ME060911

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by allsmokedup View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=BA030911

Not sure if anyone agrees but this about one of the most comprehensive reports i have seen??? Doesnt leave anything to guess
    [VVV] Self praise is no recommedation Mr. Day.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd View Post
    I accept that the NSW stewards sometimes have to officiate a long distance from the headquarters at Bankstown, but this is the 21st century. Surely they are capable of logging into their system remotely. So, whilst I sympathise I don't accept distance as an excuse.
    Most of the other states have a typist not NSW and it is the travel time is not about logging on that part is simple I agree.

Last race say 10pm at least 45 minutes before the stewards finish results comments any half finished inquiries in most cases longer.

Travel to motel I hope you do not think they should write it then.

Now to put this in perspective first race is 6.30 the stewards have to be there about 2 hours before so that is 4.30pm and we will let them have some lunch on the way and book into their motel. five hours driving time plus an 1 hour for the other. So they left home at 10.30am

It is a long day and they have to travel back tomorrow. so it will be in excess of 17 hours in two days without thinking about the stewards report and lets say we were talking say Dubbo or Tamworth the second day after that meeting they will be on at another meeting with another trip hopefully not as long though.

Its difficult to drive and type at the same time and please remember we want them to do some form for the next meeting as well so they get the COT"S right.

+ Reply to Thread