Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Mad Max Danno in Broken Hill

Danno NOT being a smart arse, I have long wished to do a trip to Broken Hill to race a couple of horses, we are actually going this year and will load ourselves and the "ponies" up next Monday and head west for a couple of days ( I have wanted to do this trip for at least 40 years) and blow me down, http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...n-Hill-feature this marvelous article appears when I log on this evening.

Really looking forward to meeting the good folk of Broken Hill harness racing, who have already been extremely helpful in assisting us where they can and can't wait to spend a couple of weeks getting to know their community better.

Haven't been on here much in recent times but will drop in a couple of yarns because I think its very easy for all of us to forget what "grass roots" trots is all about.

cheers,

Danno

NB - Danno did not start this thread or choose the title (these posts were moved from the Odds and Ends thread)
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-10-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: NB

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Good onya Danno, hope you have a great trip, I'm sure you will, win lose or draw. That's a great article and I wish the Broken Hill Club all the best with their carnival.
    Have only been to Broken Hill once, unfortunately not to race. Was decades ago and found it a fascinating place.
    Will it be Mad Max Danno or Pricilla Danno trekking west?

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Good onya Danno, hope you have a great trip, I'm sure you will, win lose or draw. That's a great article and I wish the Broken Hill Club all the best with their carnival.
    Have only been to Broken Hill once, unfortunately not to race. Was decades ago and found it a fascinating place.
    Will it be Mad Max Danno or Pricilla Danno trekking west?
    Mad Max Danno Wayne, 'cos cousin Mel played a starring role! Plus I haven't seen myself in a skirt and heels so far and the thought is crook enough without the sight of it!!! Thanks mate looking forward to it big time.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mad Max Danno Wayne, 'cos cousin Mel played a starring role! Plus I haven't seen myself in a skirt and heels so far and the thought is crook enough without the sight of it!!! Thanks mate looking forward to it big time.
    and a BIG time it was

Danno wins the 2nd at Broken Hill

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BRB09031903
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Thanks Kev, very much enjoyed THAT!! Bloody mare is a poor floater and was still a maiden after 30 odd attempts, so you float her 1200 klms, she does her worst ever pre-race nervous stunts and does that!!

The other bloke has more steps than Fred Astaire, and is a work in progress, but I've always said "focus on the positives" and I'm doing exactly that right now...enjoying the moment!

Thanks mate, we are here for another week, the Broken Hill club has their biggest meeting of their season next Friday night, and the locals are a lovely bunch of people, we have never been made to feel more welcome anywhere!

Cheers!!

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Onya Danno!

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Onya Danno!
    Thanks mate! definitely one off the bucket list!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    A nice finish to Carnaval for Danno
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BRC15031907

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    A nice finish to Carnaval for Danno
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BRC15031907
    Thanks Wayne,

we are packing up and heading home tomorrow and have had an awesome "holiday with horses" here in Broken Hill, all the people we have met have been absolutely fantastic, our Hosts Alan and Trudie Rennie have gone a long way out of their way to help us out, the Broken Hill club led by Tracey Robinson,Tony "Wogsie" Camilleri and others are one hard working bunch and are constantly putting in the hard yards to keep the club going out here and are a credit to their community.

The racing side of things has been a lot of fun with The little mare breaking her duck at attempt 33 and Kenny starting to put it all together and giving us some confidence we are now heading in the right direction with him.

Pretty sure we will be back, it's a long haul ( 13 hours of driving) to get here, but it has well and truly been worth it.

cheers,

Danno.

+ Reply to Thread