Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fastest Miles Stats-interesting & not all that surprising

triplev123

Fastest Miles Stats-interesting & not all that surprising

2008-2009: 10 of the 20 fastest miles were recorded at Menangle.
    Fastest 1:53.1

2009-2010: 18 of the 20 fastest miles were recorded at Menangle.
    Fastest 1:50.8

2010-2011: 20 of the 20 fastest miles were recorded at Menangle.
    Fastest 1:48.5

Prediction
    2011-2012: All 20 of the fastest miles will again be recorded at Menangle.
    Fastest will be 1:47 & a piece, Smoken Up expected to break his own mark.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I will wait for Flashing Red to run her keen eye over your stats before I accept them as gospel

Get ready to make a quick exit if you have a slight error!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    One thing that irks me about mile rates. Menangle is a fantastic speed track and great times are run , and rightly so.

However , harness people in other states and NZ ( sometimes) often seem to deride the fast times run there , with their comments "Oh that was only run at Menangle" as though there is something wrong with that. You hear it at the sales all the time.

Hey , how about looking at upgrading / rebuilding your tracks ( $$$ permitting) and compete with the times at Menangle. There is a lot of spare land out there to build an equal track to Menangle and you can break as many mile records as you want.

Why Melton is not a 1400 metre track is a mystery to me. You hear comments when a horse wins at Melton in , say , 1:56 like "oh that would be equal to running 1:52 at Menangle". There are a lot of different types of "envy" that I can think of outside racing , but surely this comment is nothing more than "track envy". Why just a 1000 metre track in the state with the best harness horses by far ?

[Queue] - people living in Victoria to start abusing me
    Last edited by David Summers; 09-06-2011 at 08:27 PM.

triplev123
    That's the old small todger syndrome. It's not in their backyard so it's not worthy. In reality all those sorts of comments do is thinly veil the Green Monster. As for the reason why Melton is not 1400m...that's because the Neil & John Show steadfastly refused to listen to the very well founded pleas of the masses and instead ploughed ahead with their 5 furlong-er, regardless. Now that Legends has been whacked up where it is, there's absolutely no possibility for expansion, a fact that I'm sure warms the cockles of the heart of a great many VIC Harness Racing participants.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    One thing that irks me about mile rates. Menangle is a fantastic speed track and great times are run , and rightly so.

However , harness people in other states and NZ ( sometimes) often seem to deride the fast times run there , with their comments "Oh that was only run at Menangle" as though there is something wrong with that. You hear it at the sales all the time.

Hey , how about looking at upgrading / rebuilding your tracks ( $$$ permitting) and compete with the times at Menangle. There is a lot of spare land out there to build an equal track to Menangle and you can break as many mile records as you want.

Why Melton is not a 1400 metre track is a mystery to me. You hear comments when a horse wins at Melton in , say , 1:56 like "oh that would be equal to running 1:52 at Menangle". There are a lot of different types of "envy" that I can think of outside racing , but surely this comment is nothing more than "track envy". Why just a 1000 metre track in the state with the best harness horses by far ?

[Queue] - people living in Victoria to start abusing me
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    That's the old small todger syndrome. It's not in their backyard so it's not worthy. In reality all those sorts of comments do is thinly veil the Green Monster. As for the reason why Melton is not 1400m...that's because the Neil & John Show steadfastly refused to listen to the very well founded pleas of the masses and instead ploughed ahead with their 5 furlong-er, regardless. Now that Legends has been whacked up where it is, there's absolutely no possibility for expansion, a fact that I'm sure warms the cockles of the heart of a great many VIC Harness Racing participants.
    I don't think its jealousy of a bigger and better track or saying there is something wrong with it. It's great the industry is moving forward. It's just a statement to put the performance into perspective.
    But if you want to ignore the Menangle factor you go buy a 1.59 Menangle Mile winner. I mean it must be better than a 2.00 around Bulli. The time says so.

It's the same as Person A saying wow Imthemightquinn beat Smoken Up. Then Person B says; yeah but ITMQ got the sprint lane and Smoken Up was 3wide the last lap. It's just putting things into perspective; not being jealous or putting down ITMQ.

triplev123
    Geeze Breno...I get a free swing at the 'Centre Square' come 'Ssee you at The G' crew...and you ride in and shot cold water on it. That's more than enough talking sense. Please try to be more reactionary and controversial in the future.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    I will wait for Flashing Red to run her keen eye over your stats before I accept them as gospel

Get ready to make a quick exit if you have a slight error!
    I'm a bit rusty on Australia records, but I do know most of the world records (reason why I knew no mare has broken 1:48)

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    yeah but pacific playgirl is a better horse than darlins delight

triplev123
    ...and I am The Dali Lama.
    Darlin's had a Rocknroll Hanover colt foal at 3:30am on March 30th, 2011.

Pic. courtesy of Vicki Wright.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Syndicate to buy him?

+ Reply to Thread