Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolved : HRV not editing the start of video replays

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    That was always likely Wayne, but did Mediatec advise why a portion of the replay was missing? I’m far from Julia Roberts or Michelle Pfieffer but if I channel my inner “Mel” it’s easy to say that even a junior advocate for the prosecutions next question would be did HRV direct Mediatec or anyone else to omit a portion of the race when the replay was uploaded?

Four business days, no stewards report....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Sorry, I'm trying to keep a straight face. How many Emmys did Mel's movie win? Did it really have that much influence on so many?

I believe David Hines reply was in answer to the supposition of an amazing coincidence. His reply, "Yes it is....".
    Dot, if you believe a company such as Mediatec would jeopardise their integrity and business throughout the Asia Pacific region for the sake of one harness race, well.....
    Have you had a look at some of the events they cover Dot?

Hard gig tonight. I hope the conspiracists have at least given a millisecond of thought the delay in uploading the stewards report might be due to some unfortunate personal situation or similar.... no your honour I don't know.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I know Kev likes the movie "That's Entertainment"

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I might have to put this one on the playlist for the trip to the trots tomorrow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291ET6Py6H8

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At the risk of prolonging this thread, I have to wonder why if David Hines is taking the trouble to reply to twitter, why doesn't he just fix the video to include the start - surely they would have it all on disk
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Emmys are for Television Wayne not for Movies so I doubt any of Mel’s movies won an Emmy. Perhaps we need a stewards enquiry into that! Conspiracy Theory wasn’t one of my favourites, Galliopli and the Lethal Weapon franchise did it for me.

It’s not what I think Mediatec do or don’t do or would or wouldn’t do Wayne, just an alternative to your apparent acceptance that Mediatec saying that the governing body doesn’t upload the videos that the governing body couldn’t influence what was uploaded.

And that Wayne is not saying that I believe that HRV did instruct that the video was edited or that they didn’t, that is me doing what I do, which is consider all the alternatives. That goes for the stewards reports as well. But I think we can both agree that a replay with a portion missing and a minimum four day delay in posting a stewards report is unusual.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    At the risk of prolonging this thread, I have to wonder why if David Hines is taking the trouble to reply to twitter, why doesn't he just fix the video to include the start - surely they would have it all on disk

I'll hypothesise, why not I'm sure the thread will go on - the query he knew of was via twitter. He tweeted fairly quickly to the question on the night. From memory his reply/tweet was the last in that thread which might suggest the query was answered and accepted by the tweeters.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Emmys are for Television Wayne not for Movies so I doubt any of Mel’s movies won an Emmy. Perhaps we need a stewards enquiry into that! Conspiracy Theory wasn’t one of my favourites, Galliopli and the Lethal Weapon franchise did it for me.

It’s not what I think Mediatec do or don’t do or would or wouldn’t do Wayne, just an alternative to your apparent acceptance that Mediatec saying that the governing body doesn’t upload the videos that the governing body couldn’t influence what was uploaded.

And that Wayne is not saying that I believe that HRV did instruct that the video was edited or that they didn’t, that is me doing what I do, which is consider all the alternatives. That goes for the stewards reports as well. But I think we can both agree that a replay with a portion missing and a minimum four day delay in posting a stewards report is unusual.

Thanks Dot, too many red carpets, oscar emmy oscar… Lethal Weapons yep, no Mel but Die Hards, and I thought I better get pumped, one eye on Fast and Furious, one eye on the forum tonight.

But I think we can both agree that a replay with a portion missing and a minimum four day delay in posting a stewards report is unusual. Agreed, not the norm.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Die Hard best Christmas movie ever!

But Kev has a point. The missing footage has been brought to the attention of Mediatec some nights ago, so why not fix it?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    I'll hypothesise, why not I'm sure the thread will go on - the query he knew of was via twitter. He tweeted fairly quickly to the question on the night. From memory his reply/tweet was the last in that thread which might suggest the query was answered and accepted by the tweeters.
    I once had an email contact for Mediatec (early days before they were acquired by NEP) as they used to prefer personal contact to allow them to fix things rather than publicity. It was pre my computer-trouble so sadly I no longer have the address. An old thread has also produced results in the past so we will see how that goes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread