Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolved : HRV not editing the start of video replays

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Kev, I refer to my post #8. The release point is way back where the red disc is in your pic. That's not up to interpretation is it?
    It's easier to see the green light flash in a rolling replay.
    Have you and others compared it to another 1800m race, pausing it immediately the green starts on both?
    But from memory that wouldn't have appeased Mel either. May have if Michelle Pfeiffer was cast instead of Julia, works for me

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Well given I can only view HRV replays Wayne I certainly haven’t paused this replay for comparison with any other from the 1800m start. Regardless of whether this particular instance of the absence of a portion of relevant vision ( score up, start and first instance of interference) is “pure coincidence” or not I don’t think the increased incidence of “traffic” on the forum and other social media regarding starts and starting procedures can be attributed to “pure coincidence”

And given that most of the posts on twitter are from the punting fraternity I can’t imagine it’s beneficial for turnover

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Hi Dot,
    I am only referring to one race in saying "I'd like to think it purely coincidental". I can't see how you could quote my thoughts, applying them to any other race, in any other way.
    Agree, we'd like to keep the punters happy but it's clear, at least to me, the snapshot Kev put up from twitter clearly shows the start point in the distant background.
    Given that a lot of punters would have access to the Sky/TAB replay I'd be surprised if this particular one would be detrimental.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I'm not a tweeter but I had a look around twitter and found the origin of Kev's snapshot.
    Am I allowed to interpret the driver of the 5 horse in tweeting "the horse (6) started at my wheel" suggests the OPS was due to the 6 being at his outside wheel at release point? And, of course, I'm imagining the starter and chair of stewards saw it as such, hence the LCD, nothing harsher. Going back to Kev's introductory post, again my thoughts, a false start is out of the question.
    If the question is should there be harsher penalties for OPS, that's another question.
    Certainly unfortunate the start isn't on the HRA/V replay but using evidence which, in my opinion, is biased to support a cause can be more detrimental to the image. I'm not shooting the Messenger, I realise the pic was passed on to Kev to debate.
    Is it worth any consideration the two most experienced starters have recently left?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    I'm not a tweeter but I had a look around twitter and found the origin of Kev's snapshot.
    Am I allowed to interpret the driver of the 5 horse in tweeting "the horse (6) started at my wheel" suggests the OPS was due to the 6 being at his outside wheel at release point? And, of course, I'm imagining the starter and chair of stewards saw it as such, hence the LCD, nothing harsher. Going back to Kev's introductory post, again my thoughts, a false start is out of the question.
    If the question is should there be harsher penalties for OPS, that's another question.
    Certainly unfortunate the start isn't on the HRA/V replay but using evidence which, in my opinion, is biased to support a cause can be more detrimental to the image. I'm not shooting the Messenger, I realise the pic was passed on to Kev to debate.
    Is it worth any consideration the two most experienced starters have recently left?
    Away from this incident I think generally yes. Eg inside back row (SR1) starting on a third line pretty much behind SR2 should be DQ.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Hi Dot,
    I am only referring to one race in saying "I'd like to think it purely coincidental". I can't see how you could quote my thoughts, applying them to any other race, in any other way.
    Agree, we'd like to keep the punters happy but it's clear, at least to me, the snapshot Kev put up from twitter clearly shows the start point in the distant background.
    Given that a lot of punters would have access to the Sky/TAB replay I'd be surprised if this particular one would be detrimental.
    Not your thoughts Wayne, your turn of phrase with regard to the increased social media traffic on starts in Victoria. You maybe perfectly willing to accept the missing footage as pure coincidence but for others that’s no so easy. I certainly don’t find coincidence an easy explanation to accept, but then my profession trained me not to be a big believer in coincidence. In both screenshots imo there is insufficient evidence to draw a conclusion. Yes in Kevs screen shot the red discs can be seen in the background but how do you determine conclusively from the screen shot that the start was effected there? ( it should have been is not proof that it was) . Like Kev Wayne I cant ascertain for certain that the green light was on in your screenshot, nor can I see the red discs.

Would it surprise you Wayne that the origin of the screen shot Kev posted is a professional Vic harness punter raising the start of this race with HRV stewards.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Dot, my turn of phrase was in answer to Kev asking Why do you think the start release is missing from the replay Wayne? I wouldn't have a clue, but is it that preposterous in answering I posed I'd like to think it purely coincidental. Is that a statement of acceptance, is it not more so a thought?
    Might it have been better if I answered, imho, the missing footage is unrelated to what you've supposed in the title of the thread Kev? Would be my humble opinion, again a thought.

The increase in social media commentary on starts is not foreign to me. I certainly haven't suggested I'd rather HRV didn't correct this replay.

I did have a look at the SKY replay before I answered Kev and did say the green light was more evident in the rolling video footage compared to the still. That's with my eyes and only in my opinion. My reference to the red discs, in the background of the punter's snapshot.

Have previously known of that gentleman's connection with harness racing so no surprises and he has the opportunity to raise his concerns about the start of that race, as does anyone. You are suggesting he will make a formal complaint Dot? Would appreciate any follow up being posted here.

Having viewed the SKY replay again, it only makes me think the punter's snap is some 20 metres after the start was effected. I see no reason to change my thoughts on the start of that race.

Just my thoughts again, I wouldn't argue with Brenno's Eg as an example of the type of infringement that get's most people up in arms. But then again it might be some people sometimes. Might I think a punter who has cashed in with that type of manoeuvre only raised their arms a little? Yep, a DQ would sort that out.
    Last edited by arlington; 03-13-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: addition

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    No idea if he will make a formal complaint Wayne, presumably that’s a process actioned by something other then the use of the stewards twitter handle.

On the subjects of conspiracy theory and coincidences it’s past close of business Wednesday and no stewards report posted for the Wangaratta meeting..........

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    No idea if he will make a formal complaint Wayne, presumably that’s a process actioned by something other then the use of the stewards twitter handle.

On the subjects of conspiracy theory and coincidences it’s past close of business Wednesday and no stewards report posted for the Wangaratta meeting..........
    Have been informed David Hines from Mediatec tweeted in reply to the punter, and another, informing them the governing body, in this case HRV, doesn't upload the replays. Having said that, the stewards report...may very well be coincidental.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Have been informed David Hines from Mediatec tweeted in reply to the punter, and another, informing them the governing body, in this case HRV, doesn't upload the replays. Having said that, the stewards report...may very well be coincidental.
    .....and as of c.o.b. tonight, still no Wangaratta stewards report on the HRA website. I notice last night's report from Mildura was up by lunchtime though!

"Move along, nothing to see here!"

+ Reply to Thread