Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Stallion discount/bonus scheme in Vic for May/June

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Kev remember that when you bought the median house price was probably around 3x the median wage but nowadays it is about 9x.
    True so Come to the Country escape the Rat Race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Im sure you can BOTH afford a share in a horse.

https://www.alabarsyndicate.com.au
    You should get a job at HRV Dot. At present if you click onto the Get Involved tab on https://www.thetrots.com.au/ home page
    and then the Syndication tab - you get taken back to the home page

Who is supposed to be overseeing all these failures that I keep on stumbling upon?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Don’t know Kev, but that could be why I keep getting email notifications from Alabar that shares in these yearlings are still available!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Don’t know Kev, but that could be why I keep getting email notifications from Alabar that shares in these yearlings are still available!
    They are still available. I don't know whether they are supposed to be listed on https://www.thetrots.com.au/
    What I do know is that clicking on Syndications should not put you in a meaningless loop
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    It used to redirect to raceapacer but that website is down and the facebook and twitter have gone private. Possibly raceapacer has finished up?

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Yes, Mark Hoare has closed down RaceaPacer.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

I like the idea of a staggered grant system, firstly this can be used directly to mobilise broodmares already in the broodmare paddock and not being bred from back into the breeding shed. Staggered grants don’t exclude anyone’s mare but does weigh the money in line with industry expectations for likelihood of producing winners. Like HRNSWs rebate scheme HRV could also use the funds to support a particular tier of sire, $max fee, max book size, colonial bred, Australian owned or Victorian based or a combination of these.

With a criteria of not bred last season it shouldn’t be to difficult with HRVs extensive access to data bases to identify the majority of eligible mares, and then cost the scheme by multiply each eligible mares grant to reach a total, of by having a fixed total dividing that by eligible mares to reach an amount for each grant clause. Depending then on the uptake rate HRV want they could administer the scheme by having breeders apply and with restricted stallions available( low up take) to emailing mares owners with their mares specific grant amount and available restricted sires for a higher up take, or email mare owners with available grant for mare, and no restriction on stallion used for highest uptake.

Such a grant scheme is only good for a couple of seasons as some breeders are already every other season breeders and grants for mares not bred the previous seasons rewards them disproportionately to others and may encourage others to breed less frequently in order to access a grant.

But for a couple of seasons it could be very useful to get empty mares back into the breeding shed and increase foal numbers. ( yes I know some of these mares would have been back breeding next season anyway, so make it for mares left empty for 2 seasons or more if preferred) And give time to formulate plans for more long term schemes to stimulate breeding, and more importantly plans to get more of the horses we do breed to the track as “starters” preferably as multiple starters over a length of time, and best of all for connections a genuine opportunity to be a winner.
    A poster suggested to me that a better way to spend the $115k would be to lease a stallion and make services to him free but this would be putting a lot of eggs in one basket and would no doubt upset many stallion owners

I have gone back to post 8 in this thread as I knew that I had read suggestions that I liked the sound of.
    I can see how Dot's idea could be a good interim measure which would share the services around
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Little doubt that many breeders, particularly with the drought conditions in Victoria, are very price sensitive and a suitable sire offered free could attract a very large book. The precedent has been set, the connections of Mr Feelgood very generously offered him at no service fee several seasons ago, no doubt that was the season he covered 347 mares, 140 mares more then in his next best season ( where he was still offered at a reduced but not free service fee) and over 200 more then in any other season.

I imagine a free quality sire would certainly attract some mares that would not have otherwise been bred and some from stallions that breeders would have paid a service fee too. Presumably leasing a sire would not be a single season occurrence but would rotate through a roster of suitable sires from year to year so sharing around the benefits and burdens.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A poster suggested HRV should approach the Riseleys about coming to an arrangement for Lennytheshark.
    Empire (going to frozen only) didn't get him many and it could be the promotion he needs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Could lead to a little Laz v Lenny, state v state, silver tails v the battlers rivalry in the future! Could be interesting......

+ Reply to Thread