Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stallion discount/bonus scheme in Vic for May/June

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Not limited to the VSS winners, there are breeders that won't breed. Should the bonus be transferable?
    I suppose they've at least included the boys breeder and owner. Perhaps, more than perhaps, they're targeting the quality mares so include the males. At that level, as much as there are owners that don't breed, how much more incentive would you need if you owned a mare that bred a group one winner? On the other hand an owner who didn't breed the female that wins a $7000 race and only gets $500 out of the $1500.

I realise you don't have to use the bonus on any set mare but, still, there are owners that could do with an extra $250 if it was split equally.

In the case of VSS winners, who will get this additional bonus, how does the foal nominator bonus work? The breeder is the foal nominator and gets a $10-$12,000 bonus. So they need the extra $1000? Or have I got it all wrong.
    Last edited by arlington; 05-21-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: bonuses

Junior Member Foal TeeGeeEmm will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Trent Medcraft
    Supporting the top end of town!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I have to agree that if you bred a Vic bred final winner you are going to continue breeding anyway ! Looks like 18k just wasted .
    I would still like to see the conditions go back to Stallions that stand in Vic and Vic owned and located broodmares only. This would help the breeding industry more.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Just checked on some info, carrying on from post #11.
    The prizemoney for the Super Sires, $100,000 trotters, $130,000 pacers.
    The foal nominator which I imagine in 99% of cases will be the breeder.
    They will receive a 10% bonus for winning of $10,000 and $13,000.
    You have to consider the owners might not need $500 considering first prizemoney level.
    Is it a wise use of funds to distribute another $18,000 here?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I have been calling for them to give breeders some incentives for years, this 18k to finalist winners probably wont result in one extra foal being bred ! Would be better spent removing registration fees . Do we know if they have been permanently removed or was it a one off.
    This bonus shows that the people running the show really have no idea about the breeding industry.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I received an email about the $1500 breeding bonus (1000 breeder 500 owner):

At this point it has been run on 38 races. Yabby Dam Farms heads the list with $3k along with Adam Kelly and the Vassalos. It is supposed to be paid on 77 races and after 39 days (22 to go) only 38 have been run (not even half). Got the Vicbred heats and semis coming up in June so I guess they could make the numbers up.
    The vast majority have been metro races. The 2yo filly races in the bush don't stand up and so get combined with the colts and geldings so they are not included. The same with most 3yo races. 4yo and up mares races in bush often not stand up and get deleted.
    2yo and 3yo races in town are mostly feature races.

So we are giving bonuses mostly to breeders who have bred metro winners (feature races) as an incentive to breed again.
    I might be totally wrong but are they the ones needing the incentive? Surely you're likely to breed again anyway if in that category?
    I know it's only $116k in these bonuses but it doesn't feel right if some that do not need any incentive are getting some of it.
    Either I'm out of touch and the people I speak to are, or HRV are

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Always thought these would miss the mark. As was pointed out elsewhere some of the smaller owner breeders that could use these bonuses may have only had geldings at the races so no chance to obtain a bonus, and looks like the actual distribution has/will bypass many of those that are racing mares. And it may only be 116k but in the hands of those who wouldn’t have bred otherwise as opposed to providing a discount to those who would anyway makes all the difference in overall numbers of foals bred.

Cant see the demand from the US for Aussie breds slowing down, Illinois passed racino legislation in the last week and will be building a new harness track to revive their industry and an Aussie bred just won another $200k feature race. Congratulations Anne.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From another messager:

Alan Galloway, proprietor of Alabar said quite clearly in his podcast of last year ( I know you don’t listen ) that the commercial mares are going to be bred anyway and it was the mid and bottom end mares where we need to find a way to keep people breeding.

HRV could have bought 40 to 50 services, probably more, for that to proven sires in the lower commercial tier approx $2000 to $4500 ( discounted not advertised fees) based in Vic and from Alabars NZ roster, trotters and pacers, the likes of Skyvalley, Betterthancheddar, Four Starrzzz Shark etc and sold tickets in a raffle. Tickets don’t need to be dear, the raffle isn’t intended to raise money, just distribute the services, first drawn first pick etc, and service is transferable to someone else to increase chances of being used. Of course some breeders attracted to and benefiting would have bred this season anyway too, but I think there’s a much better chance of picking up ones that wouldn’t this way.

I don’t know if there’s anyone at HRV that can think outside the square
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Galli will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kati Gunn
    Spot on.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another sent to me (I am not a booker or twitterer)
    This is what we like to hear about
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread